6/13 Rosie: A Teeny Story

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I had to open one last condo for Rosie. I have no idea why I picked sparkly boots as Rosie's obsession but even I started to believe she wanted them for real. Well, several people said that I should look for a sign that Rosie was visiting me and at least one said it might very well be boots. I'll be honest. I don't really believe that but yesterday, we went to our fourth musical in a series that we had a subscription to. Most unusual, DH, Son Bean and I all went to this series. We haven't done that with Son Bean for many years.

The last play was one I knew nothing about called Kinky Boots. And it is about just that--a shoe factory that converts from making men's oxfords to kinky thigh-high boots. I never made the conection in any way all through Act 1. Why, I don't know. I think about Rosie all the time. But then, Act 2 began with a guy on a ladder. He nails something up over the old sign on the factory exterior and when he steps back and they put all the spotlights on, he reveals a giant bright red SPARKLY boot! I've gotta tell you, I got pretty teary. So, if that was Rosie saying hello, she did it in classic Rosie style. :)

I am having a hard time writing without Rosie right next to me so my final draft is slowed down. It feels wrong and I still get the sense that she is right there and that I have forgotten to feed her. The one habit I can not break is that I leave a pair of glasses every night in a particular spot on the kitchen counter. I used to do that so they would be ready for the next morning's test/feed/shoot routine. I keep telling myself not to leave the glasses there, but I find them there every day. Gotta get that under control!

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I could only imagine Lydia...Rosie is still with you and I don't really believe in these types of things either. If all you're doing is leaving glasses on the counter than that's pretty good. Go easy on yourself :bighug::bighug: Hopefully your writing will get back on track soon. Maybe try a different spot for a while...not sure it will help or not. Keeping you in my thoughts. We miss her too.

3. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Love that story Lydia! Rosie will always be with you and maybe that was her sign that she's okay and wearing the most magnificent red sparkly boots that Rainbow Bridge has ever seen. I do believe in these things after having experienced some myself after each of my dogs passed. It does help the heart heal a little to believe even if the mind questions it. Thinking of you and sending huge hugs :bighug:

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

LOVE THIS! it was Rosie's way to letting you kn ow she is well, happy, and not too worry... Our furkids always find a way. it was that way with Mannie too.

I so get it on the glasses thing. I did the same, though it was with testing supplies. I'd get up, still find them in their waiting spot, wake up thinking I need to T/F/S. It is a memory and experience I value. and cherish. It has been almost four years since Mannie crossed, and yet there are moments when I still think T/F/S. Good thoughts, Mannie's way to saying hey there!

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

{{{{Lydia}}} It doesn't surprise me at all that your sign from Rosie would be sparkly boots. How serendipitous this sign would be and that she would make sure that you ,DH, and DS were all together for her "appearance" Old habits are hard to break but habits spun from love are harder yet to stop. Sending you hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What a wonderful way for Rosie to let you know that she is ok and that she loves you!
    When I lost my kitty Snickers I caught my DH picking up her dishes. He saw the look on my face and put them back down. A few days later (ok quite a few days later) I forced myself to pick them up. It was something I had to do (not DH) and only when I could.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on the sparkly boots. It seems like it was meant to be for you all to be there. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

That story brought tears to my eyes. Sweet Rosie, making sure that her beans know that she is thinking of you and doing well at the rainbow bridge. Sending you hugs. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

They are never far from us, and they know how to send signs that only we will understand. Well done, Rosie!!

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Oh ((((Lydia)))),
    that story brought both a tear and a smile, how very like Rosie to send you sparkly boots as a perfect sign to let you all know that she is OK and getting up to her old tricks at the rainbow bridge with her beloved Basil.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Be kind to yourselves and give yourselves time to heal.

11. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

I loved this story, Lydia. Little signs in the most unexpected places...except in Rosie's case...giant, fabulous, glittery sign! How could it be any other way, right?;)

Take Care :bighug::bighug::bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon and Gill & George like this.
  12. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

How like Rosie to send a BIG GLITTERY sign. Nothing subtle from the Contessa. :)

Marshmallow used to sleep in my bedroom closet. Marsh crossed the bridge last September and I still leave the closet door open enough for her to get in and out. :bighug:

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Rosie, you outdid yourself! What a grand way to tell your beans that you are safe and happy at The Bridge! Atta girl!

(((Lydia))) I think of Stu every time Rusty sleeps in his old basket (which is falling apart, but I will never throw it out).

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{Lydia}}} Your story brought on the sniffles (must be allergies). :bighug::bighug: I love the image of Rosie orchestrating the placing of the giant sparkly red boots and saying to all the other GA's "top that!".

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I love the myriad of ways our kitties send us a sign. Like Wendy said, Rosie's signs is going to be hard to beat! (And is very special for you and your family.)

16. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That one made me cry too!

granadilla likes this.
  17. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Lydia....Tears here as well...
    From the first time I saw your avatar and read Rosies condo I loved her :bighug:
    I absolutely believe in the unseen world and believe that the spirit is never gone just in a different place..... Rosie is free to roam with no restrictions....
    much love to you:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I would leave the glasses :cat:

granadilla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.