6/14 Floyd AMPS 162, +3 37, +4 61, +5 48, +6 77, +8 128, +9 235, shot 1u R

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Yesterday

I know he didn't technically earn a reduction, but the blue PS numbers always freak me out, so I shot 5 today. And no R this morning like I was planning.

I'm trying to come up with every ther reason for lower numbers and clearing bounces quickly other than the cabergoline working. Time will tell.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

And the drama continues!! I guess I'm not worried about bringing him to work causing higher numbers, as I'm working this morning and here is hitting 37.

Does this mean he earns another reduction? Or stay at 5 since he's still draining the 6 unit depot?

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

No idea on the reduction but WOW!

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry I'm late to the party.:eek::D When cabergoline is in the mix, the rules get thrown out the window. Caution reigns. The 6 unit depot is likely still being felt today. It can influence 4-6 cycles after a reduction, longer with larger doses. Today's cycle also had some 5.5 unit depot in there. The 5 unit dose today didn't explain what you saw. One trick you might want to try when you are seeing downward pressure on dose, is to do a BCS or partial dose. I used to do about a 2/3 sized dose, some do a 1/2 dose, in order to drain the depot and try to start afresh. You might want to think about that for tomorrow. I think there was one point where Nat gave Marvin a BCS when the cabergoline was really kicking in, and it became his new dose. Bottom line, stick to the reduction, whether or not you decide on a BCS tomorrow. It's easier than dealing with an overfull larger depot. You can always go back up if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.