6/15 Yoyo AMPS 359

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 6/14 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/prednisilone-dose-for-11-kitty-6-14-yoyo-amps-272.230955/

Day 1 @ 2 units Lantus

Good morning.....Yo is about the same....I started today by giving Yo 1 tablet 5mg prednisilone, hope it is not too strong as I was also going to give him another 1 tablet 5mg prednisilone PM....please let me know your thoughts on this.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough to those who have reached out to me.
    I am getting FANTASTIC information from board members and you are all opening my eyes to information that I was never aware of.....Thank you!!

And a special thank you to Jamie @Bellasmom for always being available to help me give Yoyo his fluids. Jamie just calms me and talks me through it. I really appreciate her time, friendship and kindness:bighug:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the pred helps Yoyo feel better. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

It is a new day :bighug:
    I continue to feel hopeful for Yoyo. He had a high BUN, and is now getting fluids to help flush his system of toxins. Tina would like to have his creatinine level! (She is doing well, even though creatinine is a bit over 3).
    You have a good tool chest of meds and thoughts and advice from experienced people - it was great to see the help contributed in yesterday's thread!
    I keep looking at Yoyo's labs, and seeing positive signs.
    Tina is lightly snoozing, dreaming sweet dreams of Yoyo:cat::cat:
    We hope today is a better day than the last few.

I keep thinking about the bupe in a tiny dose to ease any pain from pancreatitis. (???)

Debra and Yoyo and Sonia & Leo like this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

There’s no reason to divide the prednisolone to two doses. I gave it all at once and most do. I hope he gets the side effect of an increased appetite.

Debra and Yoyo and Sonia & Leo like this.
  5. Debra and Yoyo

I agree with you regarding the bupe....I just don't want to introduce too many meds at once. To me pred is a powerful med and I want to make sure he is handling it ok....but I know I should have done something much sooner than now but I didn't know what was happening with Yo. He must be in such pain and he never cries out....he went thru seizures, has the anemia and pancreatitis and pylonephritis....urinates big flow and drinks a lot....he is a mystery but a very good - loveable one!!

Hope you are well and that Tina shares her dream with you:bighug:

6. Debra and Yoyo

Is there any rule to follow as to when his appetitie should come back. Does it take days or is it immediately because he still does not want food. And I guess the same question as to when it relieves his pain/inflammation....any idea?

Do you think 10 mg / day is a lot?

Today I started to give him 5 mg am and will give it tonight 5 mg pm....but if I want to decrease say by Wednesday, can I decrease or is it dangerous to change the dose....I am not familiar with pred but I have always heard (don't know if true) that one has to be careful with the dose and how it gets changed....please educate me on this when you have the time. I so appreciate all your time, caring and advice....thank you!!:bighug:

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Amethyst gets Pred when her asthma is bad. You do have to be very careful with the dosing, I would check with your vet before making any changes Good Luck and GOD BLESS and HEAL!!:bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you so much for the advice and wishes....:bighug:

9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Debra and Yoyo :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Debra and Yoyo

Congrat's on the reducie:)....Leo's SS is beautiful.....do you know that I think there is only 1 yellow cell and that was way back in the beginning of January....the two of you are doing a marvelous job!!

I haven't been following condos lately so I hope and pray that all is well with you and your family.....thank you for always keeping in touch with us....means a lot:bighug:

Sonia & Leo and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to see you're getting good information and support. It's a difficult time you're going through with Yoyo. I sure hope he turns the corner soon..just be patient and keep working with him ... sending hugs and prayers your way! Healing vines to Yo! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo and Debra and Yoyo like this.
  12. Debra and Yoyo

I keep fighting for him and I hope that I am doing the right thing....thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot:bighug::bighug:

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Thank you!! You have so much on your plate right now, take care of Yoyo and yourself the puppies, you can catch up later. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’m sorry he’s been unwell and the numbers have climbed.

If he stays in pink, I would suggest you either increase after four cycles by 0.25u or after six cycles by 0.5u. You could also consider using R, too, as long as you can get food in him.

Let me know if you want to think about R.

15. Debra and Yoyo

Sorry, but I don't know what R is?

16. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

17. Debra and Yoyo

18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yes, R is Novolin or Humulin R and it is a fast acting bolus insulin to try and pull the numbers down because the Lantus can’t do it quickly and especially with the steroid in the mix.

You can get it at Walmart without a prescription but it takes coaching and working with and experienced member.