? 6/16-DAVIDSON PMPS 108, +3-83, +5-84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Shawna:

I'd be reticent to increase Davidson's dose. He's been in the high 40s - low 50s on this dose. That gives you no real margin for safety if you were to increase. If he seems to start hanging out in a bit higher range, you could consider fattening the dose but if this were my cat, I wouldn't increase yet.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Sienne,

I was actually thinking of a decrease shortly as he's had 3 under 50 in the past few days and sometimes I have to leave and don't test knowing he'd drop even further. However, I'm still seeing his AMPS and PMPS tests in the blues.......could be bouncing from being low all day (he's done that) and Davidson is doing very well (IMO) and possibly headed for remission in a couple of months should this pattern keep up.

I can't recall what "flattening" refers to, so someone please refresh my memory.......thanks.

So, how do you get the AM/PM tests into the greens consistently when that's primarily when the insulin starts to wear off??? On the other hand, perhaps that is "HOW" Davidson is and he just likes the start of the cycles blue, lol.

It's cycle 20 on this dose, but he's doing well and I like it and with the amount of testing I do (yeah, crazy lots but he's worth it) I will certainly catch him at his lowest levels and that's when I'll determine his decrease. He drops like a stone like this morning and holds it well, okay - surfs well in the lagoon!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Fattening the dose is just a little bit more than the current dose and less than the normal 0.25 increase. Good luck if you decide to do this.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t increase as one more under 50 would call for a decrease. I might consider a smaller than .25 decrease if he falls under 50 soon. JMHO.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Carla, I had an idea that's what it was.............I'm keeping Davidson on the current 2.5u even though it's been 10 days............he's doing well and slowly dropping the AM/PM tests so see how he does in the next few days..........One more under 50 and he'll get a .25 reduction and that will be on a golf day next week naturally. No wait, I can't golf Tuesday as have a meeting so no doubt he'll wait until Thursday, hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.