6/16 Rusty AMPS 233, +5.5 131, +9.5 197, PMPS 256, +4.5 102; dose increase

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

6/14 condo

Good Evening L&LL,

Missed yesterday. Rusty had his vetty visit. His breathing is not the same bad breathing as before (which was sinus related), but coming from his throat. His neck glands are a bit swollen. He got a shot of the steroid Depo Medrol and his B-12 shot. His rectum looks excellent (vet was pleased with her surgery). We are going back next Friday to see how he is doing on the steroid. So far it seems to have no effect except to raise his bgs. This evening I took his dose back up to a "regular" 0.25U (0.20mm on the digital calipers, Monoject syringe: up a smidgen from 0.15mm). Rusty had a pretty good day today dealing with the humidity. He enjoyed some outdoor time. The vet didn't want to subject Rusty to the stress of having his blood taken, so we agreed to forgo the bloodwork at this time. She also advised against giving him Frontline Plus flea & tick treatment. He is so skinny and frail. But he jumps up on the table, couch, bed, etc. and is doing a good job of hanging in there.

OT: I am more than hanging in there: I got my pathology report back and everything is good. :joyful: I will be driving down to NYC on Monday for my follow-up appointment on Tuesday and will know better then if I have to take any "preventative" measures. Edward and Rusty will stay home and a friend is coming over to give Rusty a token dose on Monday evening and Tuesday. I feel good, and strong. Edward and I both got Fitbit watches so that we can better track our fitness activities. I really like mine (better than my Apple Watch, which was one of the early models and can no longer keep up with the new operating system; it was essentially spinning it's wheels).

Wishing everyone a good weekend, and a Happy Fathers' Day--Happy PapaBeans Day-- to all the dads on the board.

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Good news! I'm sure you are quite relieved! As am I. :) :) :) Rusty is quite amazing. Lotsa vines for him. Happy Papa-bean Day to Edward!
    Liz

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful news on your pathology report, Ella! Easy breathing vines for Rusty. Our civvie, Frankie, has been having tough breathing times, too. She had a big dental last month - lost her two upper canines, a molar, a premolar, and two incisors. We were hoping that would help with her chronic congestion but so far no luck, and today she is more congested than ever. It’s hard to listen too :-( . I’m still hoping once she fully recovers she’ll breath easier...but I can’t help but think of Rusty with every noisy breath she takes.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

like the good news...
    Love on that boy..... breathing vines and purring vines .....

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news on your report. That is wonderful to hear. I'm glad Rusty got to enjoy some outside time. I hope the steroid helps his breathing. Sending prayers.

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Excellent news Ella! You must be so relieved!
    Sending some breathing vines to Rusty! YAY for outdoor time!

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Whew!!….I bet you're taking a huge breath of relief with the good pathology report....and hopefully the Depo will help Rusty take one too!!

Happy PapaBean's Day to Edward!!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

I think it's always worse during spring pollen season. I can hear Rusty breathing 2 rooms away! I hope Frankie will settle down now that she has fewer teeth to deal with!

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks again everyone for all the vines and support.

10. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

So happy to hear your good news, Ella. Paws crossed the whole thing is over and done with.

I hope the Depo shot helps Rusty. Glad there are no side effects, besides the BG (anti-jinx).

Sending appy and breathing vines for Rusty and safe travel vines for you.

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad to hear the good news on your pathology report. Breathing vines and prayers for Rusty. Have a safe trip and good follow-up exam tomorrow. Love you Rusty.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.