6/18 Alexia's Blue AMPS 236, PMPS 251 +3.5 115, +5 116

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

2. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

Re: 6/18 Alexia's Blue AMPS 236

it's just one test so i'd just note it but it's important to get some spot checks. hoping he'll let you this weekend. :) can you get one tonight? don't want him trending up (coz of too little insulin) but don't want to be missing the possibility 1u is too much.

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/18 Alexia's Blue AMPS 236 , pmps 251

Thanks Chris,

He's a bit calmer tonight, so I'm going for a +3 in a few minutes, because as we can see he did go up slightly for pm. I did shoot 1 unit today.

What other spots do you suggest, maybe I'll try a 5 or 6 then it's bed time. and I can try a couple more tomorrow, as I'll be home.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/18 Alexia's Blue AMPS 236, PMPS 251 +3.5 115

So, I'm now able to test him really quick. One quick poke and he bleeds! And I'm starting to love this meter, as it requires such a small amount of blood.

So, this is interesting, 251 to 115. I'd say this insulin is working for this boy.

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Hillary,
    I'm glad Blue is starting to settle in and allow you to test more. He's a lucky boy, he just doesn't know it!

I would try a +5 for sure, and a +7 would be great. I suspect the dose may be a little high, and if so, his nadir will be later than typical, maybe +8 or later. The ps #s trending upward make me think he's bouncing, and that's a pretty big drop for +3.5.

6. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

yep it's definitely working. and you're gonna need to get some tests in later for sure. :) i'd definitely go for a +5, and then if looking a little low, keep testing perhaps thru +7. figure this insulin should keep working for another 3 hours or so soooooooooooo :)

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Thanks was planning on +5, and then bed, but will have to see what that looks like and then will know if I can go to sleep or not.

Do you think I'll need any HC with him, as I don't have any in the house...since I no longer needed it and yes, broke down the hypo kit, but I do have syrup and such if needed and can run to the market if really necessary....

8. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Does he eat well? If so, FF may be enough, it tends to spike pretty good if he will eat enough of it. *I* would get some HC in case, but you're much more experienced than I am and you know what to do! Just be aware that PZ onset is typically +2, and that big of a drop in an hour and a half is a little concerning. Take a look at Tinkles' SS, he is usually still above ps # at +3. ECID though....there just isn't enough data to know how the insulin is working with Blue.

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Well, if I were to assess here, I'd say yes a big drop, but look at how nice he is surfing. and speaking of surfing this test took longer, partly cause I can't see and had to find Maui's flashlight and his head was in the carrier, which made it more awkward to poke. Tuna wasn't enough of a distraction from those snarling teeth!

But, I prevailed and look at this number.

And you asked about his appy - well he sure can eat, he just had some tuna and is now chomping (yes he makes lots of noise when he eats) on his FF dinner. He is like a dive bomber grazer - when it's fresh and really wet, he goes at it, then leaves and dive bombs back for another session. I don't know how many sessions he has, but I am giving him 2 cans of FF at a time.

Yes, this boy can eat and just went from his "dinner" to his "breakfast" bowl, as I forgot to pull that up. and now he just circled back to eat from the "dinner" bowl. see dive bomber - LOL

10. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

That's good news, surf away, Blue! I'm glad, I was thinking that it might be a late night for you Hillary!

11. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

cool surfing! i think you can get some sleep :)

12. Hillary & Maui (GA)

And I was so hoping it wasn't going to be! Blue is a good color on a cat named Blue.

It was a challenge to get the +5, so I am glad I don't have to try a +7 tonight.

13. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

sorry it took a bit for me to come back but glad you got the +5. the food kept him surfing, it looks like, so leave food out if you're off to bed.

pretty big drop at the beginning. you might want to shave the dose a little. but as long as the AMPS is decent you might want to curve him at 1u anyway to see how it works thruout the cycle (mini curve as we discussed).

2 cans of FF at a time? wow. how much does this guy weigh, do you think? is he overweight, normal, skinny?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.