? 6/18. TiTi - only 30 minutes to PMPS - raise the insulin?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

2. Kathy and TiTi

I forgot to mention the phosphorus level in her foods. She was on Friskie's classic which lists Phosphorus levels at 320 - 373.
    She's now on Fancy Feast grilled in gravy: chicken, turkey, and beef: Phosphorus levels at 266 - 282.
    It's approximately 1/3 lower in phosphates than Friskies, and she'll eat it.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Kathy, Elmo is both hyperthyroid and aging kidneys . I feed him Whole Earth Duck ( phos 130. Carb 4) and Holistic Select Chicken (phos 221 carb2) or Turkey (phos 243 carb 2) . I try to stick with Whole Earth Duck as long as he cooperates ;) Hope this might help :bighug:

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can figure out what is going on with TiTi. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kathy and TiTi and Beth 73 like this.
  5. Kathy and TiTi

At Chewies I can get a whole case of whole earth duck pate for 27 bucks. That's cheaper than FF. Thanks. But will she eat it?

Ok I just ordered both of them, and will commit hari kari if TiTi refuses to eat them.

6. Kathy and TiTi

TiTi's labs for today are good. and not so good.
    Phosphorus is now 6 - high normal. HCT is 23, lower than a month ago. Creatinine is 2.8, lower also. T4 is 5.2, only .1 point lower, so methimazole gel for ear goes from .5 - .75 and that's why her weight has remained at 8lbs. Potassium is too low , so I start tumil-K 2xday

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Shoot, I just replied to yesterday's condo. :banghead:

Gel? If so, it has sugar. I have fought and fought low potassium with Gizmo. His is always low and he can't have the gel, won't eat food with the powder and hit/miss if I can get him to eat the potassa-chews :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  8. Kathy and TiTi

The gel is for her ear and it's for HyperT. There's a pill for low potassium - tumil k. You can get it on line. I have some gel caps that I fill up with all the meds. Works better - one poke down the throat.

9. Kathy and TiTi

@Wendy&Neko I have the numbers you need.
    Turns out Fancy Feast is very LC, so, I've ordered from whole earth and Holistic some pates that are low in phosphorus and carbs. that should help the BG.
    But there must be more going on, don't you think? I mean from green and blue to black Hi? I see there is a bounce, but the nadir is still too high.

I really need your help to get these numbers into healthier ranges by the 25th. That's when I leave for 6 days.

10. Kathy and TiTi

Ok. I am thinking about raising her dose, and trying to organize the pros and cons of it.
    Looking at her SS, I see a good argument for a raise. Any thoughts out there?
    Oh WEndyyyyyy...

@Wendy&Neko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.