6/19 Rosie AMPS 154 +5 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Jun 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I think Lindy is feeling better, but it does seem as if he may be working on a hairball.

Constipation really affects Rosie's BG numbers, so I have been slow to make increases. She keeps "going" but just not enough. Last night I was sure we would need to do an enema today, but she had a much lower BG number in the AM, so I'm just not sure. Would be nice to have a home xray machine... :rolleyes:

Previous.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

It is so hard to feel for stools but some vets are really good at it. Have you gotten any better at it?

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I'm still learning... My "tutotial" began when there was a serious problem (felt like a handful of rocks). I never want it to get that bad again. I think BG is an earlier indicator. Again, when the constipation was really bad, I just kept making insulin increases. That led to at least two major problems with extreme low BG.

My vet has advised me to feel her tummy every day and get familiar with routine vs unusual. The problem I have is she has major pot belly (large - tight like a drum). I am also not good with anatomy. For example is the firm object I feel a poop ball or a kidney? o_O :bookworm: :nailbiting:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.