? 6/2 Luci -No shot - missing cat! Found in drawer 2 hours later! PMPS 212 ,2+181,4+189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo
    Well Luci decided to jump into an open drawer downstairs this morning and by the time I was looking for her to give her a.m. test/food/shot - she was MIA!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
    Searched for half an hour but had to leave for a meeting - DH continued to search the house - finally opening drawers in our downstairs area - and she'd gotten into one that I'd opened earlier and closed - with her inside! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So the question now is - do I have to discard the insulin that I drew into the syringe this morning? I understand that we should not load syringes to use later - so I have never kept one in the fridge with insulin already in it. Should I discard that dose and make a fresh one tonight for her PM shot? It will be in there for 12 hours by the time it's shot time this evening. Please advise.

I'm so relieved that he found her!!! :joyful: She's such a tricky girl...:facepalm:

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hate when they find a comfy place like a drawer and fall asleep. I think they hear us calling and giggle.

If it were me, I'd use a new syringe. There's no way to be absolutely certain the insulin isn't fresh. Luci is on such a small dose that you're not wasting a huge amount of insulin.

Amanda & Shmee and Sue and Luci like this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

My fault for opening a drawer! Who knew the 'opportunistic was going to go exploring in the back of it???? And when I returned the book to the drawer and closed it - well she must thought 'oh good, a cave!!' And then laughed her butt off while I was calling and shaking treat bags...like a fool...she doesn't seem any worse for the wear - although we lost another day of treatment :( Trying to get this girl into some better colors is quite the challenge! Hasn't seen a green in too long!!! :(

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a funny story! Glad she was found and not the worse for wear.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found her, these kittehs are characters!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's funny Luci decided to go exploring. At least she didn't go missing after getting a shot. :bighug::bighug:

Kako & Tux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.