6/21 Sebastian AMPS 213 +3 209 +6 204 +9 147 PMPS 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS 213, bk 0.5, 10lbs 5.5oz. Poop last night that looked pretty good, well formed, a little bit soft and stuck together.

AmandaE likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I haven't visited your condo in a while but it looks like Sebastian hasn't seen a green in a while. Increase soon? Hope you both have a pleasant day :)

3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Glad to hear our poopy vines worked out for you ;) xtra glad it wasn’t a pudding poo!!

Have a nice day Justin :)

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Glad to hear of good poop!! Have a great day Justin

AmandaE likes this.
  5. Justin & Sebastian

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good report in the poop department!

He is just soooooo flat! Come on Sebastian, work that juice!

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Justin & Sebastian

Planning on another .5u Sunday morning if nothing changes. Been giving it 4 days with the .5u increases, and going to give this dose an extra day since I did the smaller dose the other night because of the diarrhea and I'm going to be out tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, but he's at least peeing better now that he's closer to 200. For the past couple weeks he'd been peeing pretty large volume but the past couple days where he's been in the low 200s it's been much more normal.

8. Justin & Sebastian

He went poop a bit ago, the first part was solid but then it was followed by a blast of pudding. Not really sure at this point if it's still a result of the different food from a few days ago or if it's the effects of the reduced mertz dosage. It looked like the effects of starting and stopping the mertz in the past took about 4-5+ days to see effect, and it's been 6 days since the first dosage reduction so it's not outside the realm of possibility, though I think it's probably a stretch that a .25cc reduction is the cause?

9. Justin & Sebastian

147@+9. A drop in BG but this coincides with the diarrhea, so it's just a result of poor digestion and not the insulin working, most likely.

10. AmandaE

BONG!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

11. Justin & Sebastian

Yup, means I have to reset the mertz weaning. Back to 1cc until things are solid again and then start reduction again. and this time I will change NOTHING ELSE while doing it.

AmandaE likes this.
  12. AmandaE

Very good strategy :D

13. Justin & Sebastian

On a positive note, I've discovered that if I mix a bit of water into his food to make it a consistency he can just lick up he's much more willing to eat, and eat more, so I'm hoping I can get some more calories into him and get the ketones down and the weight up.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Is it metronidazole that you are dropping dose on or the mirtazapine? I am just not sure on your short hand there.

15. Justin & Sebastian

metronidazole, what they prescribed him for his diarrhea.

16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Ok, that makes sense. I found with Jones was finding that right dose that kept things normal. He went up and down on dose from 25mg twice a day to 50 mg twice a day. His meds were in pill form.

Even then I found he would have "break through" pudding poo or worse the puddle poo that went everywhere and was never in the litter box.

17. Justin & Sebastian

PMPS 146, bk lo, 10lbs 9oz. So kinda all over the place with the numbers right now. First, he just went poo at PM+0 and it was soft serve. But, his BG held steady, ketones are almost gone, and weight is up a bit despite the diarrhea. So I'm holding at the 5u insulin dosage and going back to 1cc metro. Hopefully this is a brief bout of diarrhea and the BG doesn't drop too much or at the very least the extra food will offset it.

My hope was that I'd be able to ween him off the metro. We got this AnimalBiome Gut Restoration kit that is a fecal transplant supplement that's supposed to reset the gut biome and really help with IBD. It notes that antibiotics can compete with the new microbes and to end or reduce dosage if possible, but it also states that if the meds are vital to their health, it is what it is. So while I was hoping we could end the metro before starting it, it's starting to feel like that either might not be possible or might just take too long so I think I'm going to wait until this bout of diarrhea is over and then start it. Worst case scenario if it doesn't take we can just order a new bottle of pills. The pills themselves are pretty cheap, it's the testing kits that cost a lot and we won't really need to do more of those; he'll either get better from it or he won't and we won't really need a poop test to tell us if that happened.