6/22 Jonesy amps 329-4.5u (I'm back!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darcy and Jonesy, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Morning all!

Well, I've survived so far! It has been REALLY difficult getting around on the knee scooter. I hate it, but, it's a God send (how's that for being hypocritical! LOL) I'm horrible on the crutches. Pretty much fell into the house the day my brother brought me home from the surgery. Once in I dragged myself up the stairs (after sitting on the floor in my back porch waiting for post nausea to pass!) So the knee scooter is good, it's just sooooo clumsy. I have to literally do "three point turns" in my living room. It's a good thing that I'm a skilled parallel parker as that has absolutely come in handy! LOL

It's been super challenging keeping the cats safe from each other with my "house dividing door". I have to ensure that one cat is locked either in a bedroom or a porch before I can go through the door. Without the scooter I can easily slip through, but the door has to be fully wide open for me to maneuver through with the scooter.

But I'm managing! (Because, hey! I have no choice)

Unfortunately, through all this, there were three times that I shot blind :( Just couldn't either physically get Jonesy to test, or couldn't find him (when my brother was here) Thankfully I didn't "pay" for that. He's doing okay. (I won't say well, as he's still high, but he's a happy boy :rolleyes: )

@Wendy&Neko No, you're not a broken record (referring to your comment in my last post) You are RIGHT. I WILL try to get more tests to fill in his sheet. Thank you for not totally washing your hands of me ;) :bighug: June 17 foot surgery 2020.jpg

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm starting week two of SIX weeks of the knee scooter . . . ugh! LOL

Darcy and Jonesy
    (Photo of my Vinnie, making sure I'm taking care and not doing too much! heehee)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're doing okay and managing with the kitties. I hope you heal quickly and Jonesy continues to do okay. Sending prayers.

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad your doing well.

4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh Darcy, what a tough time you're going through, but if anyone can do it, you can!! :bighug:
    Maybe hang a towel or something to cover the knee scooter when you're going through the "cat separation door" so that neither one can see through and make a dash for it. :stop:
    Good to hear Jonesy and Vinny are good! Sending you tons of healing vines, hope the next 4 weeks go by quickly. :bighug:

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have heard that purrs on your lap, near the injury site, help with healing. :)

Darcy and Jonesy and SingsToCats like this.
  6. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

Wendy, I think you're on to something!

I love that picture!

I feel for you about the scooter. I had to use a walker for a while after back surgery. I live with my parents and they commented they always knew when I was awake. I am not a coordinated person and I did bump things. I also kind of kawhamed my bedroom door open with the walker.

Does Jonesy hide from your brother? It's always frustrating when they're afraid of the good guys.