6/22 Sebastian AMPS 177 +4 230 PMPS 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS 177, bk 0.3, 10lbs 10oz. Couple puddings in the box overnight, looks like there hasn't been any in a bit though. Couple greens last night but it's just from the diarrhea. His numbers look surprisingly good this morning though. I was fully expecting a weight drop and ketones to be up. Also my water-in-the-food trick didn't work as well as I hoped. He ate it fine during the day but didn't want to touch it at night but I put out the food in regular form and he ate that.

I'm going to be out this afternoon and was thinking of giving him a decreased dose in case he drops again but now I'm not so sure. The 177 is pretty high and I'd hate to lose what little momentum we might have picked up.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice start, but sorry about the pudding poo.

How about leaving him food out instead of decreasing? When you shoot a decreased dose, the first part of the cycle is going to be play out as if you didn't decrease the dose because of the depot.

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Justin & Sebastian

230@+4. Hoping that means he's digesting better now.

I went ahead a did a reduced dose. We've only been at the current dose for a few days and I had done a reduced dose the other night so the depot was possibly not a full strength yet. And based on his latest reading it looks like we'll be safe today.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Be good Sebastian
    Have a nice break out Justin

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you have a good time today. Take those moments to refill your cookie jar.

Sebastian - sorry about the pudding poo buddy. Scritches for you and vines that your tummy feels better soon.:bighug:

6. Justin & Sebastian

PMPS 164. BK 0.4. 10lbs 2.5oz

Glad I enjoyed my birthday afternoon out because boy, did I pay for it.

10lbs 2.5oz, lost an entire half a pound in 12 hours, which I don't even know how that's physically possible. 2 puddles of vomit waiting for us when we got home. And a large pile of diarrhea in the box.

Didn't touch a bite of food while we were gone. I guess the bowl was 6 inches farther away from where he wanted it, thus making the food completely inedible, because as soon as I moved it when we got home, he started eating.

I'm calling the vet tomorrow and scheduling another visit ASAP to talk about getting on Prednisolone. Or something, they have to start giving me answers or we need to find a new vet because I'm at my wits end right now. I'm spending literally thousands of dollars each month on his treatment and nothing we're doing is consistently working.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Of Justin, I feel for you. I think what I’d do would be to kill the beef and chicken. They are 2 big allergens to cats. And go from there. If you take them out of the mix, see what happens.

Are you giving a good probiotic to him like Renew? Forgive me if I asked all ready.

8. Justin & Sebastian

woof, that's a tall order. First off I'll say he's been eating beef or turkey, not chicken. He won't touch chicken. Recently he won't eat the turkey either unless I blend it up and manually feed it to him from a syringe. I suppose I can try ordering some rabbit and trying that raw with the EZComplete mix.

I'm not. With giving the metro and trying the turkey raw diet and trying to ween him off the metro I wanted to minimize variables so I haven't been giving him any probiotics and have been trying to focus on one change at a time. I do have Renew on hand as well as the Jarrow S.Boulardi+MOS, just not giving it to him right now.

Really right now, looking at his data and my notes, I'm not convinced the Metro is even actually doing anything. Both times we've started the dosage it was 8+ days before we saw any change. In my limited medical knowledge, I'm pretty sure you would see an effect from a medication quicker than that. And the fact that he's now having diarrhea again despite being on the metro, I'm feeling like I'm looking at a false correlation between the two.

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

The metro does help with diarrhea but with IBD you need that inflammation down. That is what the prednisolone is for or you can try budesonide (which is know for not having as much affect on the sugars). This disease is frustrating and not the easiest to manage.

I would try the rabbit. Beef I would be hesitant on. Have you tried venison. kangaroo, guinea fowl?

If you haven't started a steroid - this may be the time to get a biopsy to rule out SCL. If you start the steroid any biopsy will be skewed and may give a false negative. You will treat the diseases the same or may have to include a chemo drug - Leukaran.

Is it possible to get a referral to a IM - internal medicine? You might find you get better medical advice.

ETA: you may want to look at giving subq fluids if he has that much diarrhea. He may be dehydrated and could be part of the reason for the weight loss.