6/23 Alexia's Blue AMPS 209, pmps 235, +3 50!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Shot the same amount .6 (1.5 on U100).

While he dropped to green last night, his amps were lower today, so felt it better to keep to the same dose - again, since not home to monitor.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 6/23 Alexia's Blue AMPS 209

Hi Hillary!

hows Blue doing? Easier on the ears I see!
    Nice green last nite! How much longer do you have him for?

hey what do you mean by .6/1.5? Just curious.

hope your having a good day at work!

3. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/23 Alexia's Blue AMPS 209

I'm now using U100 syringes - remember this is a U40 insulin.

So, if I were to use the u40 syringe, he's getting .6, on the U100 it converts to 1.5 - hence to make it simple for me - I'm writing it .6/1.5

This way, everyone knows I'm shooting a true .6 - those syringes don't have 1/2 unit markings and they go by 1 2 3 4, etc.

and he's doing better. Mom comes home July 2 and he will be returned that afternoon/evening.

Just to point out to anyone reading this, especially a newbie -- DO NOT COPY wHAT I AM DOING - WHAT I AM DOING IS SPECIFIC FOR THIS CAT ONLY AND I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING AND HOW TO HANDLE THIS.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/23 Alexia's Blue AMPS 209, pmps 235

I'm wondering if he dropped into the 80's again today - well I will soon find out! ;-)

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/23 Alexia's Blue AMPS 209, pmps 235

In case you want to see what a boy waiting for dinner looks like!

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Holy smokes! I wasn't expecting this!

Looks like the boy earned a dosecreation for the morning.

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Go Blue!
    He's adorable eh! cute pic Hillary. :razz:

8. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Come on - he wasn't supposed to do this to me. What is going on here? Am I breaking her cat? :eek:

9. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

What's with these uber early drops? The nadir # suggests decrease the dose - but I sure would like to see that nadir come later - which usually comes with increasing the dose. (I would definitely decrease in this case - especially if you cannot put food down at +2) Is he being free fed? If not, when are you putting food down?

10. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Re: 6/23 Alexia's Blue pmps 235, +3 50!!!!! +3.15 56

yes he's being free fed, but he seems to like it when I put the food in front of him, rather than just leave it for him to get.

11. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

yowzee's!

boy i bet he'd do well on lantus. but that's another day :)

love the picture. he's adorable! he not so hissy and all with you nowadays?

12. Hillary & Maui (GA)

no not so hissy - I'm learning to read his face and know when it's too much and back off. And the testing is getting easier, no hissies there either.

Yes, he would do well on lantus, but not my call and at this point, who knows with another 9 days to go, maybe I'll return a broken or semi-broken boy to his momma! I'm sure she'd love that! :D

13. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

depends on what comes later but i think he's doing great on prozinc. i'd like to get the preshots down more and level out the curve but really i remember starting lantus numbers as not that great and not so many greens at beginning. dont want to fight with lantus buddies about this coz of course cleo and i switched to lantus so we like it :))) but this isn't bad.

i wish someone could always be around at +2 or +3. if one could, i'd offer a medium carb snack (like 6-7%) at that point (just a spoonful).

my personal choice would be to reduce a tiny smidge more. i think this kitty will be building a pretty nice shed.

where's he getting shot now, hillary? in the scruff mostly or both scruff and flank? thinking all his shots should be scruff shots for a while to see if that helps mellow out numbers...

14. Hillary & Maui (GA)

He's getting shot in scruff, as that is where Alexia shoots him, so I tried his first shot in flank and that was a disaster and all his shots are scruff.

I'm not home during day to get any numbers and the timing of when I test, shoot and leave is within 40 minutes. I leave food out for him, but he seems to like it better if I serve him.

I need to get med carb as I don't have any in house. Looks like I'm stopping at the market tomorrow.

So, if he's .6 now, I'll reduce to .4 (1) and yeah I can see that on the new syringes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.