6/23 Hugo PMPS 104, +1 86, +1.5 63, +1.75 59, +2.15 85, +3 67, +3.5 50, +5 103

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiina and Hugo, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I would test again 30 minutes after he just ate again to see what that MC did.

Tiina and Hugo likes this.
  2. Tiina and Hugo

Tiina and Hugo Well-Known Member

He ate all I gave him and would have eaten more. I gave some S boulardii probiotic to go with it. Hopefully it will help. Retest in 20?

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, I would test in 20. And sorry about your Mom and her eye. I hope she will be okay. If you are going to switch to her meter and strips, do you have any idea what the meter variance is from one to the other? If you don't, and you have enough strips for your meter, I would keep using it so you know if he is going up or down.

4. Tiina and Hugo

I'm actually using her meter now, or her back up meter. I was gonna "steal" some strips from her drawer, but I feel bad. She might need them herself. The other meter is a human meter too, they show almost the same numbers in the lower range but in the higher ones the other meter shows higher numbers. I think I have eight strips left for the "mom meter".

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Okay, I am glad you know the variance from one to the other.

6. Tiina and Hugo

+4 is 100, so the foodspike again...If he stays in the same after one hour, do you think I could call it a day? It will be nearly 3am then...

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh you poor girl! So in an hour will be the +5? Let's see what it is and I hope for your sake it's a bit higher so you can get some sleep.

8. Tiina and Hugo

It would be wonderful. I'm glad that I can sleep a bit later though because of the delayed shot. Yes +5 in an hour. Has been a long day, I woke up at 6.30. But these numbers are worth it. I hope they help his pancreas.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

That is exactly how I used to feel when I would have PJ parties with Bubba. I was so happy for the good numbers that it gave me some adrenaline to stay awake.

10. Tiina and Hugo

Thanks for staying with me @Bobbie And Bubba. :bighug: But if every night would be like this, I don't know how could I ever afford the amount of strips used. And when would I sleep? :D

11. Bobbie And Bubba

LOL well they aren't going to happen every night thank goodness! And you are welcome! It's much more fun to have company with you first green pre-shot and PJ party!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm at your PJ Party too. I'm just being quiet. I hope you get to go to sleep soon.

13. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, and I thought we were going to miss all the excitement! You're doing a great job Tiina. Hugo, go easy on your Bean!

14. Tiina and Hugo

Thanks everyone. :bighug: :coffee: Okay then, he is surfing now. +5 is 103. I'm tempted, veeery tempted to call it a day, though I still think he might be lower in an hour. Maybe if I leave out some LC? He might not eat it, though. I had forgotten that this one is called a pyjama party :smuggrin: I'm too old for this! Forget the Midsummer festival tomorrow, I'm sleeping!

15. Bobbie And Bubba

He could go down a bit since it isn't +6 yet. If you happen to awaken to go potty, grab a test.

16. Tiina and Hugo

Thank you again for all the advice, the patience and the kindness. Appreciating everyone who took the time to help and support. I got five hours until amps. See you tomorrow! G'night :)

17. Bobbie And Bubba

G'night, sleep tight and good job today!

18. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

@Tiina and Hugo you did a fantastic job tonight! And @Bobbie And Bubba (and others) also did a great job helping you. I hope you are getting some great sleep and Hugo is surfing along in nice, safe, healing numbers.

I hate that I had to run but we had some appts today and I knew you re in great hands.

I hope you understand that my point today was not to criticize but to teach. While there is almost always someone around to help, sometimes there isn't and it's good to learn and absorb as much as we can so we can be confident in our decisions if we can't connect with someone here because no one is up or the board is down or your computer breaks or....as I've had happen here, the electricity goes out.

One other thing is that he did come back down today even after you stalled. Because of the depot, I believe you would have seen the same thing happen if you had felt comfortable shooting the 63. Also....he would have likely been flat instead of dropping back down from 104.

You learned a lot today and it will all go towards helping Hugo. I hope the S. boulardii also helps.

You really did great!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.