6/23 Loudogg AMPS 91 +3 142 +7 84 +10 57 PMPS 67

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

June 16, 2019 Condo w/Pic

Good morning all,
    Lou's still trucking along at the 2.5u dose. If anything, he's flattening out a bit. He's been at this dose for 2+ weeks now. While I'm glad he's still doing well, I'm slightly bummed that he's seemed to stall on his way down the dosing ladder. Obviously it's only a passing twinge of disappointment. I'm too happy about his beautiful blues and greens to dwell too much about how much insulin he's on. As a matter of fact, I'm pleased as punch that if he was going to stall, he decided to stall on a nice and easy dose to draw up, haha.

Hopefully us beans will get some things done around the house. We haven't done too much decorating yet. Ridiculous I know. I somehow have developed a "fear" of putting holes in the wall... something feels different now that I own the place, haha. Then there's the whole wanting to do so much (painting, new furniture, etc.), but then not knowing where to start. Might as well take the plunge and start somewhere. We also have an party to attend today. One of Caleb's aunts and uncles are having their 50-year anniversary party, so that will be fun.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and your kitties stay safe out there. Sending vines to all those kitties and beans in need. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You pick one room and start in there. Then the next and so on. I know the feeling of putting holes in the wall. I didn't have that problem here. Previous owner had every square inch covered so lots of nails already to hang stuff. Now that we've been redoing the rooms, I use those 3M removable hanger things. The really heavy stuff does get a nail or two so far it's only been for the curtain rods and 2 large heavy pictures.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Yep! Since Ravan got diabetes 16 months ago "Everything" has been on hold. I can't seem to get myself going to paint or decorate! Always feels like there's just too much going on :arghh:
    Lou's BG is look'in real good for some time now. Maybe this is the dose he's regulated on?
    [​IMG]

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Lou is sure looking great on this dose! Since I'm not on the board regularly - what do you suppose was the turning point? I know he was a big bouncey guy for quite a while...then one day he just hit that sweet spot and hasn't looked back. I wish Luci could find her sweet spot - she's still all over the road - so far down the road - I don't think we're a bit better off than when we started except that she seems to be feeling well and her coat looks good and she's as mischievous as ever!

5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Literally, that was it. He just fell into line. If I look back, the beginning of the year was us constantly increasing, then he finally earned a few reductions. He started going back up and then he made it a week in a half in greens and blues, like he was trying to regulate himself, but he couldn't hold it. He kept bouncing again after than and he needed more increases. Then he made it back up to 4.0u, was on that for 2 weeks, and then all of a sudden, he just started cruising all blues and greens and hasn't looked back for the last 2 months. The only higher numbers since then came after a failed reduction. He had a day's worth of wobbling in yellows, and then back to blues and greens. It's absolutely amazing.... and frustrating only in the sense of I wish I knew what clicked so I could either share the knowledge or I could have done it earlier, haha. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Levemir played a huge part. It took him some time to get used to it, but he did. I'll take whatever it was!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Lou is looking good. If he spends 7 days in good numbers (mostly green and low blue) he earns a reduction.