6/23 Sebastian AMPS 278 +3 249 +6 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS 278, bk 0.5, 10lbs 8.5oz. Numbers aren't as bad as they could be. No vomit overnight, 1 puddle of poo in the box. He's eating well though. We'll see what today brings.

Sonia & Leo and Tomlin like this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice update
    Bring it on down Sebastian
    Have a great day Justin

3. Justin & Sebastian

Replying to yesterdays followups here
    I'll talk to the vet about it and see what's involved.

Already been down that road, no luck. The animal hospital he was at for a week to get treated for the initial pancreatits has an IM dept that was taking care of him. We found out yesterday that the doc in charge of his care at the time is actually one of the few board certified vets in Florida. This is the same doc that, when Sebastian lost 3/4 of a pound in the 2 days after getting his e-tube removed, said she didn't believe me and it wasn't something to worry about. Yeah, a cat that's diabetic, just was in the hospital for a week for pancreatitis, and had a tube remove from their neck losing rapid weight is nothing to worry about. And I'm an idiot that doesn't know how to read a scale. She then went on maternity leave and the IM vet they transferred us to is the one that told us to switch from Lantus to Vetsulin and then didn't get back to me for a week when I reported he was losing weight and his ketones were rising on the Vetsulin.

Yeah I give him sub-q when it gets bad. I usually go based on how his ketones are looking. Once they start to get to like 0.7 I'll give him a bubble.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

When I read above post, what a bad experience you got!!
    Hope Sebastian feels good today!

5. Justin & Sebastian

249@+3, 236@+6. His poop has upgrade from pudding to soft serve. And he's energetic and playful today.

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Soft serve yeah! I am sorry your resources in the vet department. I was very fortunate that way.

:bighug::bighug::bighug: