6/24 Jenks AMPS 107 +4 139 +8 119 PMPS 137 +4 151 +7 110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

6/23

After last night's very active cycle, I was hoping for an AMPS reading that would make a decision easy. A lower green number would've meant a depot-draining dose. A higher, bouncy number would've meant business as usual.

But a 107 is really neither here nor there, and trying to figure out what to do after two hours sleep was a challenge. On the one hand, four hours passed since he had gravy at PMPS+8, so I was pretty confident we weren't dealing with an artificially inflated number. Plus, if we were facing an active vacation cycle, I didn't want to interrupt it too early before he settled into the greens. On the other, there's not much room to fall from 107 if he dove pretty hard within a couple of hours if this was indeed an active vacation cycle. Complicating things was the fact that he just didn't eat a lot this morning while I was trying to decide on a dose.

In the end, I opted to give a full dose and get up again in a couple hours to check him. So far, that looks like it was the right decision. He had a small bump in the first quarter, and is now down a bit in the final quarter.

2. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

Not bad Jenks! Nice shooting.

3. AZJenks

Thanks @Madrona and Leda!

I think the important takeaway from today's cycle is that there's no huge bounce despite touching down in the 40s last night. Holding the low 100s after that is pretty awesome.

Madrona and Leda (GA) likes this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice Jenks!!!

Now let's have a nice safe gentle slide tonight instead of going out to tease the sharks, OK?

5. AZJenks

137 at PMPS, so we're back up a smidge. He ate well. So we're forging ahead with a full dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.