6/26 Makoto - vet visit today AMps (223) +6 (333) +10 (173) PMps (181)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Si am cat mom, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/makoto-amps-241-5-202-8-226-pmps-311-2-5-327.231256/
    Previous

Still settling into the lev. I recently started him back in the tresderm ear drops during the day forgetting that those have a steroid in them. He also is back on the gabapentin BID to help with some of the joint inflammation/pain. Had a terrible vet visit today- they do the ' come to the car and grab the pet' , but I didn't realize they expected us to wait in the car for almost 30 minutes before they would come get him. Even with the AC on- my car in park couldn't fend off the Miami heat so he was stressing out :confused: I am planning on scheduling his dental later this month at a different clinic- just waiting on his lab results on Monday.
    Flirting with the idea of an increase but I haven't got a real handle on his nadirs yet and I don't want to do too much dose adjusting before the dental ....so, we'll see.

Hope all the kitties have a safe weekend

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Ari, sorry the vetty visit was unpleasant, so awful to have the kitties stressed out, hope Makoto is going to have a nice relaxing night! Are you back with AT2? I think I might give the fat dose another two cycles, since that's where you are at, and if no greens, increase. The fat/skinny doses can be tricky, sometimes it's just not enough of an adjustment, I usually see it work better when you are getting close to the right dose, and need to shave a little off, or add a little more. I dabbled a little over the years, but for the most part, I took full 0.25u adjustments, but that's just me ;). The ear drops may indeed be affecting his BG, but I have no direct experience there. Have a great weekend!

Si am cat mom likes this.