6/26 Maxi AMPS 342 Know Anything About Light-Colored Diarrhea? (Beautiful Pic)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Jun 26, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

Last thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...s-496-continued-diarrhea.231456/#post-2589143

I'm thrilled to report that Maxi feels much better this morning.
    He had better appetite this morning and ate well.
    He had no more diarrhea overnight.

I'm guardedly hopeful.

His horrible pancreatitis that landed him in the hospital for 4 days started like this. It was up and down at first until it was all down, so I'm really worried that this improvement is only temporary.

I'm very concerned about this recurrence of very light-colored diarrhea. It's the color that's concerning. It's not "just" diarrhea. I've read that the color can indicate a lot of bad stuff.

@Marje and Gracie do you think that Jarrow probiotic can help with diarrhea due to pancreas problems? I did order it but it won't arrive until July 1 - 6.

This picture was taken a couple days ago.

I love these boys more than words can say.

upload_2020-6-26_10-50-14.png

LilTurkey likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. I'm glad Maxi is doing better today.

bambinaki likes this.
  3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Did you read what I linked on probiotics?

Looking at his labs (it would actually help if you could put the GI Panel results all together because I had to do a lot of searching to find them), he has normal B-12 and high folate values. This is the information on how those two relate:

That makes me wonder if it’s possible he has SIBO unless you are giving him folate supplements. Because his B12 is normal (or was on the test you have), then the Jarrow’s S. boulardi with MOS should help. The pancreatitis might be causing the diarrhea but from his test results, unless you are giving folate, it’s possible he’s got a bacterial overgrowth causing it. You should discuss this with your vet.

How light is his stool? Is it greenish or yellow or pale or is it just a lighter brown? If it is the latter, that’s due to the foods moving through his system too fast. My Tobey just went through this (he had a gut flora imbalance but not SIBO) and the Jarrow’s made a huge difference. I stopped everything he was getting that could be promoting motility like his egg yolk powder and also his digestive enzymes, all temporarily.

4. bambinaki

Yes
    Pale
    I asked the vet about it last time this happened and all she said was "Maybe he has SIBO."
    "The most commonly used diagnostic for SIBO are two of the four blood serum tests in the GI panel 2, from Texas A&M.
    – TLI – which tests for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI)
    – Spec fPL – which tests for pancreatitis
    – Cobalamin (B12) levels
    – Folate levels"
    https://www.ibdkitties.net/sibo/

If you mean these (above), they are together at the bottom of Maxi's Labs sheet on lines 87, 89, 99, 100. I will put them on consecutive lines.

Thank you very much for the information.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  5. Marje and Gracie

Texas A&M does it and you have all the parameters listed on his SS with values so I’m assuming that’s where your vet sent it.

The GI Panel includes a specfPL, a TLI, a cobalamin (B-12), and a folate. You have specfPL and folate together and then further down you have "B-12" and “TLI”.

If she thinks he might have SIBO, why isn’t she treating it? I would read the link I left you and discuss with her again in light of his results and her speculation that he might have it.

6. bambinaki

I have edited my last post regarding the GI panel.

Thank you

7. Marje and Gracie

yes, I know. That’s what I ws saying in post 5 above. I can’t see the numbered lines on his SS or I would have given you the exact line numbers :)

8. bambinaki

OK. They're on consecutive lines now.
    Thank you.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. Marje and Gracie

Thanks!