6/27 Gordy - PMBG 286

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...1-3-207-4-106-5-50-pancreatitis-at-er.197487/

So I just called in and spoke with the tech briefly. She said he is just hanging out. They had him on a drip for a little bit, but from my understanding, they have taken him off it.

I guess he also vomited again around 3am, but its probably from the syringe feeding. The tech worded it "he vomited again so you may have a problem." No crap lady, he has pancreatitis .... that makes cats get sick! I asked if they are able to do the Cerenia shot.

I want to move him back to my regular vet... but it becomes a logistics issue. My coworker gets off at 3 and has nicely offered to go pick him up if needed.

I am waiting for the vet to call me. It'll probably be in about an hour.

I am so so tired.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you brought Gordy in where they could monitor him. I'm glad Wendy was able to give you some reassurance about shooting last night. I would have, too.

Pancreatitis truly sucks, but if you can learn what works or doesn't work during flares, then it is manageable. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Linda & Elvis

Linda & Elvis Member

Hope Gordy feels better soon - and you get some sleep!

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

A very, very true statement.

Sending hugs and prayers. :bighug::bighug:

Keep updating us if you can.

6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Sending mega vines and prayers for Gordy and many :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Cass! I am sorry to see that Gordy is in the hospital and sending vines for him to get better ASAP. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for Gordy feels better soon.

9. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Adding more vines. :bighug:

10. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Sending healing energy to dear Gordy, I am so sorry for his troubles. Please take care of yourself Cass, and rest as much as you can. Gordy will be coming home to your care. :bighug::bighug:

11. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gordy's getting the help he needs right now. I hope you're able to get the rest you need.
    Take care...
    :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

Thanks everyone for the vines! I'm sending them to Gordy telepathically :bighug:

I spoke with the vet this morning and he said he wanted to have Gordy monitored during today because his sugar was still continuing to drop (after the drips) and he was thinking some of the depot could be in play. I decided to leave him at the emergency vet because I think moving him to our primary would stress him out too much. (That and I would have trouble getting him tonight.)

When I called later, I was told he still wasnt eating for them. I know cats sometimes have a thing about eating at the vets, but I am worried that if I take him home without knowing he'll eat that it'll damage his liver! So I may call them around 4 and see if he is eating and talk options. Insulin will be skipped tonight no matter what (mainly so I can sleep!!!!) so that hopefully won't come into play. He definitely did not enjoy the syringe feeding last night.

With luck, my little man will be good to come home tonight. I miss his face. :(

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

14. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. Cass...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I am so sorry Gordy is so unwell. I know the vets are taking very good care of him. I hope he eats soon and that he can come home with you. Sending tons of feel better vines to Gordy!!!

15. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Hope he can come home soon and enjoy a good meal!

16. CassAndGordy(GA)

So I called to see if he is eating yet- no.

I brought up what the next steps would be since today is day 3 of not eating.... the person I was talking to said they want to keep him another night. (I really really don't want to do that.) I mentioned discussing feeding tubes and her response was "oh he is not there yet - he has plenty of fat left"

Ummmmm. Does it matter how fat your cat is? Three days without food is still three days without food regardless of weight!

That really annoys me.

17. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I echo your annoyance. I am no expert, but couldn't part of his not eating just be because where he is? Idjit got into something outside a few years ago, possibly antifreeze, and we rushed him to vet ER. They did all kinds of tests, his liver was really affected and they treated and saved him. We had to transfer him to our regular vet and he was there for a few more days on IV, he hardly ate there. When we got him home he was really ready to eat, although we had to take it slow, little and often, because it had been days. He just didn't want to eat for them, and Idjit is food driven.

18. CassAndGordy(GA)

Being at the vet could certainly be part of it. Its just so hard to tell :(

19. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

I hope Gordy is home and eating soon, sending healing vines his way :bighug:

20. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I would call back and ask to speak with the vet directly. It's likely you spoke with a vet tech. :confused:

21. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

22. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMBG 286

He is home!!!!
    Snapchat-2029292128.jpg
    I made the decision to skip insulin tonight. I want to make sure he eats and keeps it down. I guess he ate some wet food eagerly at the vet late this afternoon. (Which is why I got to take him home!)

He didn't seem too interested in the food i put down, but I am just going to let him be. Maybe I'll get him to eat his regular food.

I don't want to bother him too much. The techs said he didnt really sleep much because he was too busy growling and hissing. Lol. I think we both need a good night sleep.

We will resume all original prescribed meds tomorrow. Hopefully he eats enough so i can do his ABs.

Thank you all for the vines and support :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  23. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Gordy is home. I hope you both get some rest tonight. Sending prayers.

24. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm glad he's home! Did the vet send him home with anti-nausea and appetite stimulant meds?

25. CassAndGordy(GA)

I still have the Cerenia and mirtz from yesterday. I'll start them back up tomorrow. I just dont want to pry his mouth open to pill him tonight. He had been tortured enough .

26. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I certainly understand. Give him a little space for now. It's best to see if they'll eat on their own too.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  27. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Just a word of caution. Be sure to test for ketones.

28. CassAndGordy(GA)

He took a few licks of some fancy feast.

I have to get a few hours of shut eye :blackeye:

I'll get up in a few hours and check on him and offer him more things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.