6/27 Leo +8: 108 (US) 6 (W), AMPS 103 (US) 5.7 (W)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sonia & Leo, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Leo had a vet apt yesterday for a full panel blood work including pancreatitis, thyroid and Vit B12 levels. I should have results within the next couple of days.

The vet told me they don’t use any protocol for dosing, they use a chart and base the dose on the nadir of a curve done every two weeks or so. I’m curious about this chart and have asked her to email me a copy.

Hope everyone has a good day!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sounds like they might dose similar to SLGS except it’s based on a weekly curve. So no ketones? I was wondering what happened after that.

3. Sonia & Leo

Yes it does sound like SLGS but more lax. No where near the amount of testing. They tell you what dose to give then you either bring your cat in for a curve or you do it yourself two weeks later.

My husband thinks I waited too long after dipping the Ketostix on Sunday, you're supposed to check it at 15 seconds. I'm not sure about that but Ketones were negative yesterday.

The vet also said that Ketones only happen with unregulated high BG's and not enough insulin. In your experience, can a cat have Ketones while regulated?

Max was such a gorgeous pussycat, I love his white mustache. It looks like you had quite the ride with him too, I looked at his SS.

4. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yaaay for no ketones!!!
    It's rare, but it does happen. That's why we encourage members to test for ketones whenever anything seems "off" with their kitty.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Max was such a gorgeous pussycat, I love his white mustache. It looks like you had quite the ride with him too, I looked at his SS.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. He really was gorgeous and so good about all he went through. He kept me quite busy. He never had ketones though.

I think holding a dose for two weeks without a curve isn’t a good idea. The earlier you get them controlled the better the chance of remission. JMHO.

6. Sonia & Leo

Agreed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.