6/28 Jonesy amps 214 Will increase to 4.75 for pmps; pmps 223-4.5; 244@+4

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darcy and Jonesy, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Sorry for the "week of nothing". Rest assured, I'm still testing, just not always posting.

Jonesy appears to be doing well. Not much movement in his SS numbers so I plan to bump him up to 4.75 for his pmps shot. I've managed a few in between tests, nothing too exciting :(

On the plus side, although I still have to keep the cats separate, there is MUCH less "charging the door" by Vinnie on his part, so I think the new meds have calmed him some. So although minor, I consider that a win. It allows me to get through the door more easily without getting a cat (or foot, or wheel!) caught in the door! LOL

I went for my follow up appointment last Thursday (again, my Knight in Shining Armour Brother picked me up and drove me :p ) The foot is looking good according to the doc, and I now have a walking boot, which, ironically, I'm not allowed to walk on! Ha! But at least I can take it off to wash and bend my toes.

I've not been good about taking people up on their offers to help. I've received a LOT of offers on my Facebook page, but it's just hard to ask for help, ya know? My brother, although he's super busy himself, has been GREAT about coming by when I need him. I ended up asking a Facebook friend who I pretty much only know through a rescue to come by and help me with some things that I wasn't comfortable asking a close friend :rolleyes: I knew she was out of work and could use the extra bucks. So she came by and for an hour scooped cat litter, watered my plants outside, carried my second knee scooter down the stairs etc. It was all minor stuff if I was on two feet ya know? But I was SO APPRECIATIVE of her being willing to do all those crappy little jobs!

I don't know, I'm too independent at times. I guess not a good character trait . . . *shrug*

Have a great week all. I may not post daily. Is that okay??

Darcy

(P.S. I'm uploading a photo of a card I gave my surgeon. It it called Bunion/Arthritis and it an actual embroidered piece by a woman in New Zealand. The detail is mind blowing!!) Aimee Rondel 2.jpg

Last post . . . Monday??! (gak) http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-22-jonesy-amps-329-4-5u-im-back.231311/#post-2587623

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see y'all are doing well doing well. I hope you continue to heal well, and I'm glad that you were able to ask for help. It can be very hard, so good for you! <3

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since you are following SLGS, you would not increase. You hold the dose if nadirs are between 90 and 149. You haven't got much mid cycle data but he did oblige by giving you that sweet little 114 PMPS a week ago. You haven't got enough mid cycle data or even a curve since then to tell you how low the dose is taking him. If you can't answer that question, you shouldn't increase. Nice AMPS today, maybe he'll give you some blue today if you test mid cycle.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got a good report on your foot. Nice to hear Jonesy is doing well and Vinnie is a little calmer. Just post when you are able to. Sending prayers.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice to be healing. Pretty soon you will be up and running.