6/30 R. AMPS 398 (Early Days)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Catacular, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catacular

Catacular Member

We're on shot #6 (today's the 3rd full day of 1U Lantus every 12 hours). Switched to low carb food on Day 2 and started up the B12 (one pill/day) yesterday.

R. seems happy this morning—peppier than he's been in a while actually. Good eating So... I guess I'll do more testing today to see if we're getting any response yet? We've seen a few dips into the high 200's and one into the low 200's (mostly at +4), but I'm aggravated with the number this morning.

Thoughts?

2. Catacular

Catacular Member

Also, does anyone have a scale recommendation? The vet office's scales apparently suck.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My best hunch is that the R's numbers dropped lower than what you saw at +4 last night as as a result, you're seeing a bit of a bounce at AMPS. Bounces can happen if numbers drop into low ranges, there's a fast drop in numbers, or if there's a drop into numbers that your cat is no longer used to. It's a normal phenomenon but very annoying to us.

One of the big lessons that Lantus teaches all of us is patience. It can take more than 3 days to see a response to Lantus especially since it takes 5 - 7 days for the depot to stabilize.

I can't help you with scales. Most people will get a baby scale. I'd read the reviews on Amazon.

4. Catacular

Catacular Member

I can't thank you enough! I knew I probably needed to exhibit a "p" word... Patience. I appreciate your advice! :)

5. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  6. Catacular

Catacular Member

Oo, thank you, Osha!! I never would have found this since it's a combo scale.

Awaiting the next test... patiently... ;)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) and Osha like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.