6/4 Vyktor AMPS 128 +4.25 92 +6.5 67 / Purrdy AMPS 239 +3.5 112 +5 90 +6.5 70 +8 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vyktors Mum, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

last time 4/15

Thought we are probably overdue for an update...

Vyktor

Vyktor was holding steady at .5u until the last week. No greens for four days and a couple of yellows creeping in scored him an increase to .75 yesterday and got him straight back into the lagoon :D

His mouth is still holding up well (anti jinx, touch wood etc) just over two months post dental. I'm almost daring to start hoping that we got enough teeth out (he only has some of those very tiny front teeth left now) to fix the stomatitis, but that call can't be made until we get past the six month mark. In the meantime it is wonderful to see him eating by himself regularly. It's been an awfully long time since he's eaten without home deliveries and hand feeds :joyful:

Last weekend a friend came over and we made a ramp for Vyktor as recommended by his acupuncturist to assist with his proprioception issues and build up muscle in his back legs. Unfortunately on his second time up it he fell off the side and I can tell you - it's not true that cats always land on their feet :( We were going to put some sides on it this weekend but I don't think there's much point as I don't think he's ever going to go up it of his own accord now. I'm still making him use it but I make up the sides doing the helicopter hover ready to catch him if he stumbles - which has already saved him from another tumble.

Purrdy

Purrdy was being threatened with an increase last time. He took the threat very seriously and has gone on to get two reductions instead :) he's now sitting on 10u.

Last night mum mixed up his dinner with her hyper T civvie's and Purrdy got her meds. It seems those pills have a sugar coating as it spiked him but looks like it cleared his system within a couple of hours - oops!

The renal threshold testing continues and interestingly it looks like that may be a bit of a moving target o_O Based on urine testing we had cleared him up to around 220 but since then he's been spilling glucose at about the same level. The experiment continues...

He had a suspicious looking tear to the back of his neck this week. We are hoping it was just a one off weird happening and not an indicator of Cushings progressing.

Other

No snail hatchlings as yet but the adult snails have been having plenty of baby making practise. Those guys sure have some stamina, they go at it all day and then collapse in exhaustion for a couple of hours!

Somehow a caterpillar has found itself in the snailorium too. They are all most active during the night so I always take a peek at what they're up to when I get up to do Vyktor's shot. The other morning I found Mrs Snaily and the caterpillar having a munch on opposite sites of the same carrot - Lady and the Tramp style - very cute!

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

well.... you need a picture of the lady and the tramp....:p gotta see that......

Good for Vyktor eating.... always got spare appy vines......

Come on Purrdy, keep those reductions coming....

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Serryn,
    This is a good report on both kitties. But too bad that Vyktor fell off the ramp. You're right that he probably won't want to attempt it again.
    The snail and the caterpillar: how wonderful! What season are you in now? Is it cooler?

Yo Vyktor, Yo Purrdy, Lookin' good in the lagoon, guys!
    ~ Rusty, LagoonMeister

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice report on Vyktor and Purrdy!!....and look at those lovely numbers!!

Sorry Vyktor is having so much trouble with his ramp....does it have carpet or something he can really get his paws/claws into to help steady him?

Good for Purrdy!! Maybe you should threaten her more often?? ;)

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Don't stay away for so long. I hope the ramp helps Vyktor and the teeth issue is resolved permanently.

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

So nice to see a Vyktor/Purrdy condo! I'm trying not to get too excited about Vyktor's eating well and possible resolution to the mouth issues (anti-jinx). Can I dance in the yard a la Squeaky when/if the six months go by without issue??

I'm glad to hear dosecrease threats still work on Purrdy. Paws are crossed here that the tear was a one time thing.

I'm glad you're enjoying your snails. Can't say I share your enthusiasm, but that's why God made chocolate, vanilla and tutti frutti! ;)

7. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So glad Vyktor's mouth is feeling better and eating on his own. Keeping fingers and Paws crossed here that he makes the six months. Also glad that Purrdy is doing well and getting reductions. I hope the tear is nothing serious. (anti-jinx). I hope you and your mom are doing well. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay that Vyktor is eating on his own. I hope it continues. Yay for Purrdy earning reductions. I hope the tear is just a one time thing. Cute on the caterpillar and snail. Sending prayers.

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

So happy to hear about Vyktor's eating! Sorry about the ramp accident, that had to be scary for you both. Hopefully the sides will work and he'll venture up again on his own accord. Wow, and look at Purrdy! Keep working that juice little guy....down the dosing scale is what we like to see. You're always in our thoughts and thanks for the update!

10. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

How wonderful to see a condo for Vyktor and Purrdy!! I feel for poor Vyktor doing the ramp walk. I am sending my strongest healing vines for the poor guy, that sucks. And more vines for Purrdy as well.

Hope your snails start to produce a family! Heaven knows they breed like crazy in my garden...Re: snails!! Did you know that cosmetic companies are now using snail slime for it's anti-aging and as zit medication? They have bottled it now... can you imagine going to a spa where they let snails crawl over you?? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.