6/5 DAVIDSON PMPS 126, +2-92, +4-93, +10-200

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Davidson. I'm sure he'll be in the lagoon in no time.

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, must be a golf day cuz Mr. Davidson does not want me to leave and even at +1.25 he'd dropped enough to make me stay and test since I want to see if he's dropping below 40 to earn a reducie. Amazing how every other day he's got nice numbers and it's safe to leave..........however, Thurs & Tues which are golf days he decides to do a big jump down............oh well, he's my #1 Guy so it is what it is...........actually Harley is also a #1 and has learned the word "test" means treats so now he's on the desk waiting as well.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Reason for edit: text
    Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Hi to all experienced 2X remission kitties:

If Davidson drops 3 times below 50 on a dose does he earn a reduction??

I know if he drops 40 & under he gets a reducie right away, but wondering about the frequency of being below 50.

Thanks,
    Shawna

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Yes but usually on 3 separate cycles. I see the 2 drops under 50 on 5/31 but it could've been meter variance. It's your call on whether to try the reducie or wait for one more drop under 50 or 1 under 40 as you mentioned.

ETA: taking the reduction also depends on how hard you're working to keep him over 50...i.e. how much HC etc.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson get no HC food ever........the tests I do when he reaches a low BG are all WITHOUT food as I want him to earn the reductions and not 'cheat' him with food spikes.

It could also be possible that Davidson is a 'naturally' higher cat for BG levels ..........

I did a +3.25 - 51

** 2 drops today under 50 (+1.75 & +3).........I'll see how he goes today and perhaps reduce him by .25 tomorrow and see how that works for him. He's been adjusting well and if the reducie provides too many "blues" then I'll put him back.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Surf time...........

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s three drops under 50 on different cycles or sooner if you have trouble getting him over 50. Since you aren’t giving any hc when he drops I would wait for one more cycle. It’s up to up to you though.

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks..........he's having a great day surfing in the lower 50's.............I'll continue this dose tonight and drop him by .25 tomorrow June 6th and see how he does after a few days

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

SORRY - missunderstood the "3 cycles" part........Dyslexic brain got in the way and Wendy/Tiggy who peeks in every so often made me aware of my comprehension, or lack of - lol. So, if Davidson has an under 50 reading this evening then that will be on 3 different cycles, and he'll earn the reduction...........otherwise we will wait until tomorrow or when ever he brings a low number. Correct me if I'm wrong.........again.
    Thanks,
    Shawna

11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It will happen if not tonight then soon. :D I always fed some hc when Max dropped. He usually did it at night and I wanted to get a little sleep, lol. Nice of you to give up golf. He should reward you with a reduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.