6/5 Loudogg AMPS 314 PMPS 324 +3 274 - 0.4 Ketones on Nova Max!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

June 4, 2018 Condo

SSDD (For any Stephen King fans) .... hopefully tomorrow will give me some results. Thankfully his ketones are down to 0.4, regardless of his bounce.

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I am! And I agree...lots of the same here - trying to be patient...hang in there!

3. chrisb3127

chrisb3127 Member

I was reading your posts, glad to see the ketones went down!

Did you find out what ranges are considered negative and trace? I just got a Novamax for Jag, this morning he registered 1.4, and just now 0.6.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Yeah, easier said than done, right?! Ha. Sending patience vines your way! :bighug:

I'm not completely sure about the full trace range. There's a ketones article in the Health Links/ FAQs about Feline Diabetes thread HERE that says ketones do not start showing up in the blood until levels reach 2.4 - 2.55. So at the very least negative is 0.0 - 2.55 (which I thought was a decent start :p). I absolutely could not find a set value for trace. Lou had gotten up to 2.9, so I figured at the very least 2.55 - 3.0 was trace. One of these days I'll remember to call my vet and see if they have a better numbers scale. Although I won't hold my breath, haha. While I am annoyed at how expensive the strips are for the NovaMax, I absolutely love having the control to test his ketones whenever I need to. Add to that how much more accurate blood ketones are to give you a picture of what's going on now, it's all worth it. Hopefully you enjoy it as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.