6/6 Loudogg AMPS 226 +4 312 +7 307 +9 238 PMPS 333

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

June 5, 2018 Condo

Good morning all,
    Lou has become relatively predictable lately on the glargine, which can be nice. He seems to take a couple of cycles to get down into those pretty blues, bounces, and then clears his bounce within 2 cycles. I suppose that means when something seems weird it can make it hard to decipher its significance.

Lou was ravenous again last night. While he started in the pinks, he was in the yellows by +3. He ate all of his preshot meal in one go (which he's been doing much more often lately instead of grazing), and then hung out by his food bowl. I tested him at +3 and gave him his "nightly" meal before bed of a 1/2 can of Fancy Feast and some YAZ (intended to last this grazer for hours until my husband comes home from work). He again ate all of the wet food in one go, which is especially weird for a +3 feeding. We had an amazingly awesome thunderstorm last night that woke me up at +6. All of his YAZ was gone (I had fed him more than usual, about 2/3 cup). That never happens. I have to admit I'm starting to worry about how hungry he is. Is it still a symptom of him being unregulated or a symptom of something else?? :banghead::arghh::banghead:

I guess on the plus side the food let him coast in the yellows last night instead of going down into the lower blues like he has been. We'll see what today brings (although he was due to have a low blue preshot and coast the blue waves ). Wishing you and your kitties a wonderful day!

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

+4 BG = 312

Well that's a surprise and a disappointment. Maybe his ridiculous hunger is really a sign of unregulation. Perhaps it's time to up his dose.

3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I would say it's unregulated driven. I know if Phoebe is acting ravenous her bg is up. Guaranteed. And it only has to be in the 100s. Head bumps and chin scritches

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Blah. Not at all what I was hoping for him today. I think it's time to increase his dose. Does that sound like a good plan or am I jumping the gun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.