6-9-18 Jones 140, +2 133 +5 151, +7 185 PMPS 173, +3 211

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

That was a suprise this morning. He is still not acting 100%. He did eat a good amount of food overnight and I was happy about that.

The bupe really puts him out. I will have to take a pic of it.

He got a dose last night at 9PM so was going to wait until 9 this morning and give another one. He isn't acting too painful but I can see he wants to eat but not to sure about doing it. His throat seems sore was well from the tube.

Thank you for all the well wishes yesterday. Greatly appreciated.

Depending on Jones...bike trip today.

@Noah & me (GA)

Gary knew the year and make of the bike in the picture you posted! It is nice but I wouldn't be riding on the back of it!

beggargirl and MyTitan (GA) like this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

The bupe could be affecting his appy too. I sure wish there was a non-opiate pain relief for our kitties.

Enjoy your ride. Sounds wonderful.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Maybe reduce his bupe dose a bit. It'll give him some pain relief but not knock him out as much? Surf safely today Jonesy.

Leo does well on Onsior which is a once a day 3 day "asprin" type and anti-inflammatory in stead of the bupe/ vicodin type. Just don't think it can be used for long term pain management.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Noah has been on transdermal BUPE for almost two years. He has severe dental issues but won't survive surgery.
    I used to have more details about where I get it, his dosing and the many possible side effects in my profile. I'll try and fix that soon.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I was given predosed syringes of the bupe. 0.1ml. She gave me 12 syringes.

Good to note the affect on appy.

Wealth of info here!

He is having issues running his feeder and then sits and looks at the food after I open it.....poor baby.

6. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Vines for Jones to feel better. It seems to take longer for some older kitties, at least I found it so for Azalea who was around 18 yo at the time. She also had scratchy throat afterwards from the tube.

Can you assist feed Jones (such as spoon feed, oral syringe)? Slurry consistency. Another thought: Perhaps add SEB or Marshmallow root powder either of which can help to soothe the whole gi including scratchy throat.

Homeopathic arnica and / or hypericum can help with pain (arnica for deeper pain, hypericum for nerve pain).
    :bighug:❤️:bighug:
    Eta: and possibly include liver shake in food plan?

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones is able to eat more for you today. Sending prayers for a quick recovery.

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

He does get SEB, I didn't know that it would help his throat as well.

He has started to eat this afternoon.

No ride today...the thunder clouds rolled in this afternoon vs. tonight...so decided to stay home.

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

He is eating well and doesn't seem painful. I am going to wait till morning to see if he need anything. That bupe really affects him so don't want to use it unless he need it.

Will keep them handy for the next pancreatitis flare.

Need that depot to fill up!

beggargirl likes this.
  10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Good idea.

Have you tried CBD/Canna? I am not sure you can get it in Canada but really worth a try if you can (for the pancreatitis).

Really glad Jones is eating. Hope he continues his recovery :bighug::cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.