6/9 China AMPS 81,+2.5 61,+5 69,+8 81,PMPS 111,+3 67,+6 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I keep intending to do my condo's earlier, but something always happens and I'm getting later instead!!

Miss China's doing fine.....she decided around +10 that she was starving to death, so she got a new snack (some of a Fancy Feast Appetizer that I'd found in a tub of kitty litter or something)….since there's nothing in it but chicken, I was a little surprised at the PMPS, but being the dutiful Lagoon Meisterin that she is, she headed right back down

The eye is bugging me a little today, so I'm trying to take more breaks and close it. Just seems to feel a little "dry".

Still planning on doing the other eye next week though!!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and staying out of the heat!!

2. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

China's doing so well.

Are you getting cornea replacements? As for the dry eye, just keep dropping drops into it. That's what I did pre-surgery. I must have doe it every 30 minutes to 1 hour for a week before surgery.

3. Chris & China (GA)

They use a nerve block around the eye.....they put me to sleep using Propofol while they did that (sleep for 5-10 minutes) but I was awake for the actual surgery.

Before that they put drops in my eyes 3 times to dilate them

When I went in for the actual surgery, they put a sterile drape over my face leaving the right eye exposed, but everything at that point was pretty blurry. I could tell something was coming towards my eye, but couldn't really "see" it and couldn't feel a thing.

The instrument they use to remove the cloudy lens makes a little noise, but again, you don't feel anything....Kind of like when they use a drill at the dentist....you know something's going on, but you can't feel a thing.

The whole surgery took maybe 10 minutes, I got a cup of coffee and some cinnamon raisin toast and my ride was there to take me home! Had a eye protector over the eye that was removed the following day at the doctor's office and I have eyedrops I have to use for a month.

All in all, kind of creepy, but not really scary

JoyBee&Ravan and Kathy and TiTi like this.
  4. Chris & China (GA)

I had cataract surgery, so when they removed the cataract, they replaced the lens. I have an antibiotic drop I am using 4 times a day for a week and Prednisolone drops I have to use (on a declining basis) for a month

5. Kathy and TiTi

ah
    and ack - that's what I meant cataract surgery. the results for me haave been fantastic for my right eye
    but I think my left needs re-doing.

It's amazing what can be done.

Vines to you.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah it's pretty amazing....when the doctor took the eye guard off Wednesday morning, the first thing I noticed was the calendar on the other side of the room....I could read it without having my nose touching it!!….LOL

7. Kathy and TiTi

I know. Exactly!

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad China made it back to the lagoon. I hope the dryness feeling goes away soon. Sending prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.