6/9 Jai Jai - Lower than Usual AMPS! Bounce! AMPS:139,+15m:146,+1:356;+3:526,+6:Hi|PMPS:Hi,+2:Hi

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by heyhollis, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Yesterday's: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-9-524-pmps-419-2-434-increased-to-1u.143821/

Jai Jai has a lower than usual AMPS : 139 (usual: >300), I am waiting for 15 minutes to test again to see if it is up soon.

I am reading the sticky about "handling low numbers", if anyone out there can help me, I would be very much appreciated.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am VERY concerned if there will be any problem with Jai Jai has all "HI" numbers throughout the day. I will be unable to monitor him tomorrow as I will be away for work. He seems very tired and thirsty. He did not eat as much as he usually does. I am so worried but I do not know what I can do right now. The figures are so intimidating!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Hi, @Wendy&Neko , would you mind giving me a helping hand?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good plan - wait, without feeding, for 15 to 20 minutes and test again. Post the new number here. You want to see if his blood sugar is rising.

4. Wendy&Neko

While you are waiting, can you stay around and monitor him today? Do you have plenty of test strips and high carb food or syrup in case you need to feed it? This is a very nice preshot number.

5. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Hi,Wendy, I will around all day. And, I have just tested him and he is ~160. Should I start feeding him and shooting him now?

6. Wendy&Neko

Yes, feed and shoot. On August 8th you shot this amount of insulin to a 153. I hope it's the same kind of cycle.

7. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Thank you so much, Wendy. I am feeding and shooting him right now.

Will get his +1/2 test, and post up the number here.

8. Wendy&Neko

You are welcome. You did a good job.

heyhollis likes this.
  9. purrdydolly

purrdydolly Member

Nice shooting :cool::cool::cool:

10. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Great job this morning! You can see that Jai Jai only spent a very short time before zooming up again. His body has really gotten used to being high and wants to go back there.

Don't hurry with any dose increases now. Let's see if he can get back to blue again with this dose. The bounce is likely to last a full 3 days, so you don't want to increase the dose until after the bounce has cleared and you see how low he goes.

If he takes the full 3 days, that would mean he'd clear this bounce the pm cycle of the 8th or the am cycle of the 9th. Now he certainly might do something else, but if I were you I'd especially watch those cycles for any hint of it clearing then.

heyhollis likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Sorry about the bounce - he's not used to blues. Looks like you can stop testing the rest of the cycle.

heyhollis likes this.
  12. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

I'll stop testing until PMPS as he has just shown a straight up curve. Jai Jai is very tired right now, and his appetite was soso. Hope the fluctuation won't last long. Thank you for all your support so the situation can be managed under control. I hope you all have a great day.

13. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

Should I be concerned? Jai Jai has all blacks throughout the day, I am concerned if there is any issue! Please help.

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It can take several days for a bounce to clear. Given where Jai Jai's numbers have typically been, his liver and pancreas went into a serious panic mode. The bounce will pass -- just give it time. It can take up to 3 days for a bounce to clear. As Jai Jai's body grows more accustomed to lower numbers, the bounces will take less time to resolve.

15. heyhollis

heyhollis Member

I am trying to stay calm, but it is so intimidating. I did a lot of other things this afternoon so that I did not focus on the numbers. It is so difficult and I starting worrying about tomorrow because I have to leave him alone at home!

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Well, I'd rather leave a cat alone at home that's in higher numbers than if the numbers were low. Or, at least that's one way to look at it.

heyhollis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.