? 6 April - Radar - question about air bubbles in lantus pen

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan Radar (GA), Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday's post

Radar is eating this morning and he ate overnight. I don't want to jinx anything but I think we may have returned to the clean plate club. :cat:

My question today is about air bubbles in my lantus pen. There is a big one and a couple little ones. There is nothing floating in the pen. Is it safe to continue using it? Or do I need to get a new pen? Is there a way to get the air bubbles out? What else do I need to know?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I had bubbles in mine but never caused a problem. I don’t think you can get them out. At least I couldn’t.

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I have had bubbles before too and it doesn't seem to affect it. I did have a big bubble once and I tapped the bubble to the top and then set the pen for 2 units and depressed. Kept doing that until the bubble was gone. But then it is under pressure and the insulin seemed to just push into the syringes after for a bit.

I just left the bubbles alone afterward.

4. rawia

rawia Member

I always have some bubbles in my pen but it is ok do not worry.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Radar is continuing to eat for you. I've had air bubbles in my pen before too and it never caused a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.