67 at +5, cause for concern?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenna & Kitsu (GA), Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna & Kitsu (GA)

Jenna & Kitsu (GA) Member

Should I leave her alone, or give her some higher carb food? I plan to test again in 30 minutes, but wanted to get some advice here first. Thanks!

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You might give her a teaspoon or two of her regular low carb food just to encourage her to surf

Still a nice safe number!

3. Jenna & Kitsu (GA)

Thanks, Chris! Unfortunately, she is refusing to eat much of anything right now due to the noise of fireworks going off outside every now and then. She's huddled in the bathroom hiding. It took about 20 minutes just to get her to eat a treat (small block of freeze-dried salmon), but she finally ate it after the noise quieted down. I took another BG test at +5.5 and she was 71, so not much difference than the first test. I will keep trying to get her eat something between now and her +6 test.

4. Jenna & Kitsu (GA)

She ate a little food (YAZ Mature) about 15 minutes ago and I just now did her +6 test. She is at 103. I think she is good to go now. Thanks again, Chris! :bighug:

Leah and Chris & China (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.