? 69 on human meter at +6

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KJC80, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJC80

KJC80 Member

Toby got his first green this afternoon after I increased his dose to 2.25. However, he was 69 at +6, and he usually drops a little lower later in the cycle. I didn't want him to go too much lower, so I gave him some HC wet food, which he's currently lapping up. Hopefully, this was the right thing to do... I was a bit freaked out!

Should I cut back on his dose a bit? I don't want him dropping this low when I'm at work, but I'm off today and tomorrow.

2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that's quite a drop down from this morning's red! Congrats on the first green!

I haven't used Vetsulin so I'll leave the specific dosing suggestions for others, but yes, 69 is lower than you want as a target with that insulin so that probably means a decrease.

I am wondering, looking at his spreadsheet, if he's been dropping low at night regularly. You caught the blue at +8 last night, but that's pretty late in the cycle for Vetsulin, so he was likely lower earlier. Any chance of getting a nighttime +2 or +3 occasionally to see where these doses are taking him?

3. KJC80

KJC80 Member

He popped up to 141 after eating a little HC wet food, so I think he'll be fine for this cycle. I may drop him back to 2 (or less) for tonight and then stick with 2 tomorrow morning.

He may very well be dropping this low at night. I can probably get a +2 tonight... I'm slowly working him back to his normal time after giving him a shot after I got home late from work yesterday. We should be back on the normal time by Wednesday.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.