7-1-18 Jones AMPS 175, +5 68, +6 99 PMPS 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Bite the bullet and bought a pet camera for the LB area downstairs. See if I can figure out who has the consistent gooey poo's.

It is motion activated and has a SD card so I can review what was recorded. Man have pet camera's got sophisticated! They have two way communication, treat giving capabilities, night vision, WIFI, can take a snap shot....just wow.

He ate well over night and his AMPS dropped a bit from yesterday. Hope that continues.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

That is so cool you got a camera to monitor the LB :cat:. I have motion activated cameras too and I am impressed with the quality and how inexpensive they were. Mine aren't pet ones, so I can't give treats, but it does all the other things. It will be neat to see how Jones responds when you talk to him and give a treat. :cat:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

@Noah & me (GA)

He has lost 600 grams since January but he was hardly eating maybe about 200 calories a day. Now he is eating around 275 for about a week and half. He needs to eat about 250 the vet figures to maintain 5kgs due to the FD and IBD. I weighed him yesterday and he lost another 50g in 8 days...but that could be a good poop. So I will say he didn't lose in a week but was hoping he would start gaining. If the IBD is flaring then I need to get that inflammation down...hence the search for who has diarrhea..which has been ongoing for awhile now. So if it isn't him...still need to figure out who.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  4. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

I hate the scale more than the meter. I've never had a cat with long term GI problems, no advice.
    Was it you who needed a new dryer Tracey? We finally caved in last year and got a matching set of Electrolux from Lowes. They are the size of laundromat machines, just insane. Skip the bottom shelf thing and save $600, they're made out of plastic and really flimsy.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

On ours the door switch went on it...$24 bucks and few stops...Gary had it fixed in no time.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jones slides down for you today. Good luck with the camera.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Well Jones listened to you today Carla! There is the green!

Osha likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

It is Jones with the gooey poo. He pooped on DS shirt which is the exact behaviour he had when he was first diagnosed.

So limiting the food he gets and upping the metronidazole back up his original dose for 5 days. Will put a call into the vet on Tuesday when they are back. HIs appy is still good if a little off today but that green tells me that he isn't in pain. He may have been yesterday though with those yellows.

Will test again before I go..we have a Canada Day/Birthday party to go to this afternoon. He might earn himself some whiskas.

9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I have a webcam that I monitor the timed feeder with. It has saved my sanity. If Gizmo isn't at his feeder when it turns I can call him "Gizmo, come eat" and he usually shows up. I can pan/tilt it to re if he is sleeping in his favorite spot. It was well worth the ~$60.

I am telling him that his food will be there is just a minute - lol.
    download_20180421_104831.jpg

I hope you can get to the bottom (no pun intended :smuggrin:) of the lose poo and weight loss :bighug:

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

That is so cool! I figured out the who withoit the camera but I think I will still use it...for the future as well.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Great #'s Jones! Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians, too!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.