7-1-20 TYLER AMPS-251/172@+9.25/PMPS-137/95@+3.5

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-30-20-tyler-amps-184-160-4-75-pmps-158-81-6-25.2316

Noted on spreadsheet all along I thought I was shooting 0.10 units, but when I was looking at the syringe it was closer to 0.25 units. You will see 0.25 units in the cell now but this is
    NOT AN INCREASE I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING THE SAME AMOUNT I HAVE BEENSHOOTING ALL ALONG

I INCREASED TYLER'S DOSE TO 0.5 UNITS LAST NIGHT 6-15 -20 NIGHT CYCLE

Wishing you all a good day and our kitties stay safe

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Tyler comes back down today. That AMPS makes me wonder if he went lower than you caught last night.

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

That's what I was thinking Carla
    This cat will be the death of me lol, have a good day Carla :bighug:

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Diane, Didn't get a chance to reply to your condo yesterday, 6/30/20, but there is one thing you said that set off the "Deb radar". That was
    No, no you won't starve Tyler sweetie and you know why? Because if you cut back on the food too much, that could lead to ketones, which could lead to DKA and you don't want THAT to happen. Ever.

If a cat isn't getting enough food, they start to catabolize (burn up) their own fat and muscle for energy. Too much of that leads to ketones. Too high a level of ketones leads to DKA.

So a teensy tiny, little bitty, eeensy weensy bit less food MIGHT be ok. But not starving. Not cutting way back on the food.
    If you do cut back, please ketone test every single day. Every day without fail.

By the time you could smell that fruity, acetone like smell on Tyler's breath, it's gone past the point where you could do anything at home, and you would need to take him to a 24 hour emergency vet for a multiple day, maybe a week stay of around the clock care. Mucho bucks as they say. You don't want that to happen either, I don't think.

So lets keep Tyler safe, and not cut back on the food too much. OK?

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hey Deb, no I was only kidding about starving him. I would never want to run into any problems that you mentioned.
    I just can't understand why all these high numbers, pre shots and testing after the pre shots.

Do you think I should give it a few more weeks at 0.5 ?

6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

A few more days at the 0.5 perhaps, but not weeks. That would be a bit too long, before you did a dose increase.

You might try a "fat" 0.5U dose, see if that helps.

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thanks Deb, I'll give it a few more days and see how it goes, if I don't see any improvement I'll try the Fat 0.5
    Thanks again :bighug::cat:

Deb & Wink likes this.