7/1 Checkers OTJ trial9 AMBG 99 +2 76 PMBG 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lukewithcats, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

Everything seems to still be going good. Checkers seems to be getting effected differenty from the AB's now, either hes getting used to them or perhaps his UTI is ending and that's having an effect.

He seems to be famished lately. Hes begun eating more and caring about food more. he's gone up on the kitchen cabinets on the prowl for left overs which he never does and neither does my other cat. Checkers has never liked human food but does like dryed remains left on plates, it may just be salt that he is after i'm not sure. He knocked off some old catfood cans and stuff the other day which was odd.

I'm not sure what this increase in appetite is going to do to his BG tests. I'm also not sure if this is temporary or the new checkers. We will see I suppose. I bought some pumpkin today finally to try out adding to his food, with the way hes been going after he adds on a bit of weight I may want to start padding the wetfood a bit to lower his intake if he carries on eating as much as he is now.

So far so good. The AB pills are flavored apparently so I slide one into a piece of freeze dried chicken that I've soaked for a minute and hes happy to eat it and even if the pill falls out he eats it anyway so what ever flavor the pills are its one he likes. I've actually had to hide the AB pill container as he was sniffing around it yesterday and scared me he was going to get into it.

I haven't been posting much. I took off a lot of time from work to deal with checkers diagnosis and now that hes in a pretty good place I've been able to resume work so am in the process of increasing hours and such. I doubt i'll have enough pics of checkers for an OTJ video but will get some pics atleast for everyone when the day comes.

last thread

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 9! I'm glad Checkers is doing better. :D:cat::):D:cat::):D:cat::)

Lukewithcats likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on day 9!!!! Only 5 more to go!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Such wonderful news and congrats on day 9! Appy's go up and then down sometimes. Have a good day.

Lukewithcats likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That's a great idea and I will use that to dose my dog for his pills!

Lukewithcats likes this.
  6. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Happy day 9! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lukewithcats likes this.
  7. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

i have 2 cats, checkers loves freeze dried treats and my other cat cletus doesnt at all. I have taken to soaking them for a few before giving them to checkers as i dont want him to have to provide that moisture from his body. When i want to give a treat to checkers i just throw a piece in his water bowl (luckily he hasnt figured out how to fish it out yet) and i test it to make sure its soft and once its softened up i just dry it off a tad and push the pill into the grain of the piece and checkers loves it and it has the advantage that the pill ends up smelling like the treat also. its like a low carb pill pocket i suppose.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy day 9! image.gif :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. Bobbie And Bubba

I tried out your method tonight with my dog and it worked like a charm!

Gill & George and Lukewithcats like this.
  10. Lukewithcats

Lukewithcats Member

thats awesome. glad it helps.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. Bobbie And Bubba

I don't always have a piece of soft cheese to put it in and rarely lunch meat as I don't eat it. BUT, I always have freeze dried chicken for the animals.

12. Shelly & Jersey (GA)

Shelly & Jersey (GA) Well-Known Member

Go, Checkers! Congrats on Day 9. :D

13. Madeline528

Madeline528 Member

Woo Hoo, congrats on day 9!!!:)

14. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you hear the falls? They must be getting louder by now!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.