7/10 R. AMPS 320 PMPS 420 (Day 14)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Catacular, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catacular

Catacular Member

Previous Thread: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-1-r-s-amps-328-dosecrease.197730/

I'm here to vent. We're trucking along with R.'s tests and shots on Day 14. We've dosecreased up to 2.5 but BG nos. aren't going any lower. As you can see in the SS, AMPS/PMPS trend lines are going up, not down.

We're heeding Roomp & Rand's 2008 dosing protocol, which indicates "If nadir blood glucose concentration >300mg/dL (17 mmol/L) ... Increase every 3 days by 0.5 IU." I'm awaiting a +4, but I'm afraid it's going to be yet another 350 (or worse)... Thus, I'm anticipating another dosecrease.

Since lab nos. looked good at DX for kidney/liver function, we're attempting to get his BG managed before significant damage occurs. B12 appears to be helping a bit with hind leg weakness, at least, but that's not much of a victory in the face of these BG nos. and general lethargy. Frustrated & hoping for a YELLOW! :banghead:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since 1.5 units, you have seen nadirs below 200. You are increasing by too much at once. You should be increasing by 0.25 units at a time. You don't want to bypass a good dose. For now, try to ignore the preshots. We determine how to dose Lantus based on the low points, or nadirs.

Feline diabetes takes patience. Tight Regulation is aggressive but safe and shouldn't be speeded up. Regulation is a marathon, not a sprint. It's still very early days for you. You and R will get there..:bighug:

3. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

I know the frustration and sinking feeling of looking at your kittys ss and seeing a relentless sea of pink. As Wendy said, it’s a marathon not a sprint.

Hang in there and hang in here. This is the best possible place to learn how to safely treat Feline Diabetes.

Catacular likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.