7/10/Ravan/amps370/+5 280/pmps235/+5 401/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

So glad he’s eating:bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. JoyBee&Ravan

I found this info on My Vets web site. Good to Know! "Caution should be used when initially changing from dry to canned foods as insulin requirements may decrease dramatically; a reduction in insulin dosage may be required."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Dyana likes this.
  4. JoyBee&Ravan

never blindly trust a veterinarian.

Toonces died on June 22, 2006, at home in my arms, after 2 years of living with the devastating brain damage from which he had suffered since his weekend at Kindness Animal Hospital. What happened to Toonces was just the beginning of an eye-opening experience the led to the start of this site. As I connected with bereaved guardians all over the country, my eyes were opened about the real problem of negligent, incompetent, dishonest, and yes -- even abusive -- vets. For individuals who believe their pets have become victims of veterinary malfeasance, malpractice, negligence, or abuse . . .

http://www.thetooncesproject.com/

5. JoyBee&Ravan

I was studying Ravan's SS. T. I've been told before to increase the dose if I don't see green in a few days.

The previou 2 times he was on this dose, 1.25, His BG dropped Low after 13-14 days . I wonder why it took that long both times?

6. JoyBee&Ravan

Just got back from the Vet. Ravan has stage 3 Kidney Failure & Pancreatitis I did not expect that. I am so upset

What can I do to help him?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh JoyBee I'm sorry the news from the vet wasn't better. I don't know anything about pancreatitis. Our civvie, Allen, has stage 2 CKD (amount other problems)

It is recommended to give sub q fluids to a cat with CKD.

There may be meds that your vet recommends. Did the bloodwork include a test for phosphorous level? If not, your vet (or the lab) may still have the blood and may still be able to run the test.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sorry about the diagnosis. HERES a great resources for the kidney issues. You may want to stop the Fancy Feast as it’s too high in phosphorus. Pancreatitis is suspected in one of my civies. HERES some info on that.
    Sorry I haven’t been around, I just lost my Colin and have my sick civie, Jack, keeping me busy.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am sorry about the news, :bighug:

Sharon posted some great rsources for you. You might want to get a copy of his Labs and post it. There are people here who can read them. I personally would not give fluids to a CKD cat until the vet says it's OK to do so. Fluids pushed my Neko into heart failure.:(

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  10. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I agree with Wendy about getting a copy of your labs and posting them here.

Do you know what they were basing the diagnoses on? Did they run an SDMA (kidney test) and an fPLI (pancreatitis test)?

Some values on bloodwork can be elevated with a raw diet.

11. JoyBee&Ravan

@Wendy&Neko

My vet said because Ravan is drinking a lot of water he doesn't need Sub Q.He's been eating good since yesterday & is not vomiting
    I scanned his blood work should I just add it to a post? How will anyone know i want them to view it?

12. JoyBee&Ravan

I don't know how to post his Blood work? How do I insert the scan into a post?

13. JoyBee&Ravan

@JL and Chip
    Yes they ran both those tests & they were both High
    I don't know how to put the scan of the tests into a post?

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There is a tab on the spreadsheet where you can enter the lab values. Once you've done that, you can put something like "help with Labs" on your subject line.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  15. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Thinking of you....

16. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

My heart is just broken for you and Ravan
    My kitty baby who has passed had pancreatitis but that is NOT what he passed from, I was so upset I can’t even remember what they did, they did get rid of it though
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Jill & Jade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.