7/11 Rusty AMPS 202, +5.5 144, PMPS 270, +4.5 55; back from the city; vetty visit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

7/9 condo

Good Evening, L&LL,

We came home from the city in awful heat yesterday evening, after my follow-up appointment (nothing new to report; it went OK). Rusty was tired from the trip down the day before, but was an excellent traveler, as always. He got his PMPS yesterday 2 hours late, but only a drop of insulin.

Today I found the inside of his right ear covered in speks of hardened blood debris again, so we went to the vet this afternoon. It isn't ear mites, it's a bacterial infection. We have a topical antibiotic to squirt and rub into the ear, and also a cleaning fluid and are supposed to apply these once a day for 5 days. Already he seems better (vet gave the first application).

Weather here is delightful after the heat of the city. We are all tired after 2 days of 6+ hour drives in a row. Tonight I will veg out in front of the TV and watch the Tour de France recap of the day's stage.

Hope all is well with you and your kitties

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear you had a good appt and there's nothing new to report! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Also happy to hear that Rusty is feeling better after the antibiotics.
    Rusty....The Beans are making your ear all better so it's time to get back to the lagoon....but please stay in the shallow end!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad your appointment went well and there was nothing new to report. Sorry Rusty has an ear infection. I hope it clears up quickly. I want to warn you that most ear medicines have ingredients in them that will raise BG. Sending prayers.

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

veg out and hold that bowl.... he should feel better now that it's getting treated.

5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your vet figured out the ear issue and it is only a topical cream AB. Those drives aren't fun, esp the closer you get to the bridge

6. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope you get some good rest now that you all are back home and that your Dr appt and Rusty’s Vetty appt went well.

We all send our vines and Spunky sends extra ear-feel-better vines to Rusty, too,
    ❤️❤️❤️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.