? 7/13 Ming AMPS = 299, +5 = 194, +7 = 97, +8.5 = 25, +9 = 47, +9.5 = 59 dose advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-9-ming-amps-130-4-184.216600/#post-2402815

AMPS = 299
    +5 = 194
    +7 = 97
    +8 = 25

Ming ate 1/4 can of FF w/ honey. Will test in half an hour. And I'll be draining the depot tonight as well.

A few things have happened and are going to happen with Ming so it might explain some of the craziness going on with his SS. And apologies. I don't know why some of the numbers are white on yellow on the US version of the SS.

Yesterday, July 12, my mom and I went to Seattle for the day so my sister took Ming to work with her. He ate well in the morning before leaving but then, as expected, didn't eat much when he was at work. My sister left out LC FF with honey and FF gravy out for him to graze and checked his BSL. He would eat bites here and there. She wasn't confident he would eat at work so she decided to wait until they got home to give insulin and feed.

I said to just give a reduced dose of 6.75 units in case he continues not to eat but he ate well once he got home.

I resumed 7 units this morning and shot half an hour early to get back on schedule. He had a scarf and barf but I fed him again after an hour or so. Which might mean he didn't get his pred again. But he's eating well throughout the day. And then I got a reading of 25 at +8.5 !!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I had planned to bring him to work with me (another day of boarding) and probably give a reduced dose in case he doesn't eat again.

He's getting bloodwork and the vets at work want to try the Freestyle Libre on him and familiarize themselves with it on Ming. It means a free glucometer for me for 2 weeks :D I'll still be using my regular glucometer until I feel confident with the Freestlye Libre numbers.

I do wonder if I increased his dose too soon? I saw one green on July 10 in his AM cycle. Held the dose for two more cycles then increased to 7 units.

Anyway, long story short: what do you recommend his next regular dose be? 6.75 units or 6.5 units? I'll be giving a further reduced dose tomorrow morning for one cycle for safety in case he doesn't eat at work unless someone thinks it's not necessary.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. Crista & Ming

+9 = 47

I gave him another 1/4 can of FF + honey.

3. Crista & Ming

+9.5 = 59

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you should go down to 6.5 units. You're supposed to make dose changes in 0.5 increments when you're over 5 units. I hope he comes up for you and surfs safely tonight.