7/13 Yoyo AMPS168,+2 125,+3 93,+4 95,+7.5 86,+11 84,PMPS 97,+1 133,+2 99,+3 74,+4 71,+5.5 82,+7.5 71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Yoyo heads back down to green today.

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

It really takes him HC to bring his numbers up!! Good thing you know him! :)
    Hope some greens for Yoyo and a relaxing day for you!

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  4. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Have a great day Debra and Yoyo! I see you're with Leo at the beach! Have fun kitties! :cool:

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

From yesterday’s condo:

Yes, if you feed too much HC, it will cause the duration to be shorter which you can see from his curve yesterday. He went up pretty quick from blue to yellow and then came back down when he onset last night.

The HC doesn’t affect his cycle the same way in which dry food will. Dry food, itself, will raise the numbers slowly but then cause them to stay high for a longer period of time. The HC in the wet food wears off in a few hours but it will nip the duration in a lot of cases so whereas it might seem that the HC wet food acts like the dry food, it’s actually different. (Although dry food will also nip duration but when you see higher BGs after feeding dry, it’s primarily due to the carbs in the dry food).

Your thinking is correct that when he’s already the same as or lower than the PS by +1, you want to give a higher carb food. I’d continue to play with it a little bit and see if you can get him to slow down the onset but not affect the duration so much. Maybe a higher MC or less HC?

Much better cycle today in terms of getting and keeping him flat. Great job!!

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Awesome surf today Yoyo!!