7-15-18 Jones AMPS 187, +3 230, +6 234, PMPS 214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

@Bobbie And Bubba - you were right.:blackeye: I was musing out loud and that is the reason this board works so well.

Well today was a day for extra tests and no big drop, make plans, cat laughs and screws with said plans. I was half asleep and mixed in more of the 16% food then I wanted with the 3% wet food. Want 1/4 can not the whole can...:eek:. Scoop as much as I could off the 3% food but more in there then needed. That said...he ate well yesterday and so far today. Yesterday he met his calorie requirements. So using that as a topper to get him to eat is working.

In the poop department he has been hitting the LB the last few days, so I am taking that as a sign he feels better (anti-jinx). Though he had 1 gorgeous poop yesterday then a soft serve one. See what happens today.

The big concern today is CKD civvie Rain. She has vomited white foamy vomit every 2 hours since 4 am. She is not eating. I just saw her drink and then she threw that up. I have her some SEB two hours ago and that seems to have stayed. I have cerenia here I can give her but totally out of pepcid. I will have to go get some. If she keeps this up, I have subq fluids I can give her as well. Will need to wait for an extra pair of hands as she is still fiesty. Almost lost a finger trying to give her the SEB pill She has had bouts before but not this bad. @LizzieInTexas any suggestions? She is just going back for some more water. See if that stays down. She is picky but does eat. She needs food to help get that acidic tummy settled down.:(

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Rain. I hope her tummy settles down and you can get some food into her.

I'm glad Jones is eating and seems to be feeling a little better.

Sending prayers.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Zantac?
    http://www.felinecrf.org/appetite_loss_nausea_vomiting.htm#ranitidine

http://www.felinecrf.org/appetite_loss_nausea_vomiting.htm#treatments

I would give the fluids. With the vomiting, dehydration would be a worry which will make the nausea worse.

Poor baby. I hate it when they are off. :bighug:

The toppers I posted yesterday seem to help "absorb" stomach acid with Gizmo (think saltine crackers on an upset tummy).

:joyful::joyful::joyful: Yep.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

She drank a lot of water and kept it down for a couple hours now. And she just went for a few licks of food. She did eat 1 freeze dried treat as well. She is really cuddly.

Jones is high and flat...hmmmmm.

carfurby (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Rain ate her day food and some KD kibble no more vomit. She didn't come for dinner but was willing to take a whiskas treat, so I will leave her alone for now. Will give some subq tonight.

Jones was CPC today! Even with all the extra 16% I put in. I was going to increase after 6 cycles if needed, which he may need one but I will give it another cycle or two to see if he will come down at all?

carfurby (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.