7/16 Loudogg AMPS 101 +3 106 +6 91 +7.5 113 - Good and bad news from the vet.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

July 14, 2019 Condo - Questions about Vaccinations

Good morning everyone,
    Lou's still doing well. He had his first lime in the 40s yesterday, which was a bit surprising and a great sign. Lou, Bella, and I have the vet visit for physicals today at +7.5. I'm excited, although it's been an awfully long time since I've taken both kids together to the vet. I'm out of practice, haha. I think Lou might enjoy having company.

I'm so excited to have today and tomorrow off from work! Working the weekend (4 days in a row when I'm used to only working 2) takes a lot out of me. I might even think about taking a nap later this morning. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the vetty visits go well. Lou is looking good.

3. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines! :bighug::bighug:

4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Have an awesome day Amanda! I hope everything goes well for Lou at the vet and that taking the kids isn't too hectic!

Long weekends are the best! I am so looking forward to my vacation in August :D

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope vetty visit goes very well.

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending Vetty vines.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! We had a good visit overall with the vet. Lou was at 113 at the vet! Which is the lowest since he's been diagnosed. The vet was massively pleased with how well he was doing. Physically he looks really good, although he gained weight (up to 16.7 lbs from around 16.3 lbs, but he'd been in the 15 lb range in the last year). I got senior panels on both Lou and his civvie sister Bella. Lou's labs were fantastic, the only outlier was the high total cholesterol, but my understanding is that's always high in cats (or at least not worrisome). He's as healthy as I hoped! The labs have been entered into his spreadsheet, if anyone would like to take a look. His ALT has always been good, and it's remained steady, but I'm very pleased that his ALP has come down (not that it was high), and is the lowest we've seen.

Unfortunately, Bella's labs didn't come back as good. While she's lost weight (she's at 12.7 lbs down from 15.1 lbs), although she's still heavier than she looks. Unfortunately, her liver tests were high. Her ALT was up to 104 (vet's reference range is 0-100), and her ALP was 60 (vet's reference range is 0-90). Worrisome, especially considering I don't know why. The vet suggested we start her Denamarin once a day for her liver and recheck in 60-90 days. We see a lot of kidney issues around here, obviously, but I haven't seen many liver issues. I'm heartened by the fact that her ALT is only slightly elevated, but obviously something is not right. Can anyone with experience with liver issues chime in? Have you ever used this denamarin? Other than hacking up hairballs, she's a pretty healthy girl.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Lou's results were good. I hope you can figure out what is going on with Bella and the denamarin helps. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug: