7/17 Catcat AMPS 314,+2=296,+4=251, PMPS 281,+3=185

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 17, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

Tomlin and AmandaE like this.
  2. CandyH & Catcat

now, despite test-time treat and full breakfast, he is agitating for MORE FOOD -- c'mon Catcat, let the Lantus work

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

He's like: Maaaaaaammmmm I'm Hungryyyyyyy!!!

Catcat and Mowg are in a similar boat today, I hope they hit the beach together later :D

Have a great day Candy :D

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'd feed him then. Diabetics need to eat often - only the low carb/no carb varieties. It may also help his numbers regulate gently. Is he on a diet to lose weight?

Tomlin and Sonia & Leo like this.
  5. CandyH & Catcat

actually he's on a diet to GAIN weight not lose it -- I feed him around 400 calories a day, LC food plus occasional home-stewed chicken, something like 100 calories more a day than he'd need if he were at optimum weight (14 #) and not diabetic

he has a tendency to gulp his food, one reason I usually add enough water to turn it into soup; I give him a small helping about every hour for the first half of the cycle, if left to his own preferences, he would eat an entire 13 oz can of Friskies at once -- might eat even more if it were Blue Wilderness or 4Health or FF -- but they don't come in cans that size

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  6. CandyH & Catcat

found the reason Catcat was agitating for food, more than usual -- after I fed him his post-test treat this morning, I forgot to re-zip the bonito curls bag ... he's been smelling that aroma, drifting down .. I keep it hanging from a high towel rack so he can't reach it

7. CandyH & Catcat

well, he's coming through the dune grass on his way to the beach -- hard to tell if this could be an active cycle, given meter variance

+2 = 296

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

the more accurate description of +2 is that if it is lower or the same as ps then an active cycle is possible.
    Hopefully it will be!
    lol... it WAS cruel thing to do :joyful:

9. CandyH & Catcat

it's okay, I just cleaned his cat-acne-affected chin -- cetaphil human face gel (excellent for cutting sebum) followed by wet cotton round, followed by the gauze the vet gave us, saturated with chlorhexidine -- followed by TREAT! freezedry whitefish and some bonito curls (yes I zipped it after, this time)

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  10. CandyH & Catcat

down to the middle of the beach -- may be a sand-in-the-toes day .. +4 = 251

usually close to nadir by now

11. CandyH & Catcat

hope he had fun playing beach volleyball -- mama fell asleep

12. CandyH & Catcat

now he's curled up by the food bowl, looking wistful since he may know that he's getting a snack in ten minutes or so

guessing that this may have been a relatively flat yellow day, nice to see this after having to skip shot last night (I'm chicken)
    will see if the Lantus depot filled itself back up, so things may be looking up (or down, down into blue) tomorrow

13. CandyH & Catcat

Catcat got his evening mugup (the rest of the LC can) after his test at +3 -- I'll consider myself off duty until he wakes me up in the morning

5 AM comes too early, and he's been known to start pulling at the covers half an hour before that

Sue and Luci likes this.