7/18 Gordy AMPS 224, +2=248 | PMPS 212 *OT: stud tail?*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

You are getting close to the good dose!

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Gordy you look better in blue.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gordy turns around and heads back down today.

5. CassAndGordy(GA)

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

OT:
    Who has experience with stud tail?

I noticed Gordy's tail looked greasy a few days ago, so I went to bathe him tonight. It was like a major oil slick down from the base to darn near tip of his tail!!! (It also smells like pee.) I bathed him usually my normal shampoo (baby shampoo really) and it didnt do much. I was getting dirt (or maybe oil) off of him, but he started getting super mad.

It made absolutely no difference. So i brushed it... and tried to cut it... its like he is a porcupine. :confused: i dont think he has any infection and I doubt its a tumor, so I really dont want to drag him to the vet. He is sensitive where all the oil is, so I am leaving him be.

He already gets feline acne and has a few little cysts from his follicles (prior vet biopsied one - benign.... just ugly). So its clear he is destined for skin problems.

Any tips on how to handle? I ordered some groomers goop after some google searches.

I am also wondering if this was brought on by those string of terrible numbers after his pancreatitis battle ended....

7. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Whispy has stud tail. I just go ahead and shave the top of his tail with a clipper wherever it is gunky (not required, but I think it makes it easier to deal with). Then shampoo with https://www.chewy.com/vetoquinol-benzoyl-plus-shampoo-dogs/dp/109498 and rub it good with a washcloth as much as they can stand. And then daily use human benzoyl peroxide wipes for acne, like Stridex.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.