7/18 Luci AMPS 251

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-17-luci-amps-282.216944/#post-2408392

I think it's time for an increase - ok, so today I'm saying it out loud and I think I should have done it this morning...we're 6 cycles out from that bouncie green start on Lev the other day - so tonight we're moving up to 1 unit - unless of course HRH (Her Royal Highness) decides that her depot is full and she visits the lagoon - otherwise I'm seeing far too much yellow on her SS.

Happy Thursday everyone - have a safe and cool day - mighty hot here in the north today - I understand it's going to be hotter than Florida - of all things!

Special thoughts of support to @JoyBee&Ravan for her PeggySue.

AmandaE and Bellasmom like this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Come on Luci, you heard your Mama......let's see you on the beach today!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Good morning Sue.....Hotter than Florida, hard to believe:)...I hope Luci is listening and she gives you some bluish greenish numbers today. If not, good luck with the dose increase tonight. Stay cool:cool:

Tomlin and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Hi Sue!
    I might be wrong... I thought protocol when changing insulin- we are suppose to stay at the same dose. Please help me understand... why did you go from Lantus 2F to .75 with Lev? o_O
    Thanks for clarification :bighug:

5. Sue and Luci

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Mama's got her foil hat off Luci, so we know you heard that threat!
    Have a great day Sue!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Luci stop stalling and get busy.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Did u HEAR that Luci, omg:eek: a increase, u dont want that do u???

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Thanks! Stacy & Asia... Is this the member you wanted me to look at?
    I see she went from a fat 1U (in between 1U and 1.25U) on Lantus to a starting Lev dose of .75- a FAT .25U decrease.
    I see where you dropped dose from Lantus at 2FU down to Lev .75? A FAT 1.25U decrease-
    The reason I asked you about this is that I know there are peeps who read others condos and SS to gather info and never surface on board to confirm the info/procedure, etc .:nailbiting:

I guess I was mistaken, somewhere along the line I thought the recommendation was to start Lev at 70% Lantus dose :rolleyes:
    But I guess there really is no recommended 70% dose change when going from Lantus to Levemir :eek:
    I know you work from home :), (lucky Luci :cat:) -are very knowledgeable and an excellent caretaker to Luci :cat:- if dose needs some increasing you’ll be all over it :).
    Good luck with the Lev, I hope it will take Luci to OTJ for you- I know you’d love to see her... :otj: :)

Sue and Luci and AmandaE like this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck if you increase the dose tonight. We're under a heat advisory for today and tomorrow with feel like temps in the 100sF.

11. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

HEATWAVE!!!

Good luck with the dosecrease!

Have a great Thursday :D

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  12. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the positive thoughts for my Peggy Sue! We need all the help we can get :):bighug:
    [​IMG]

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  13. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but might want to wait 6 cycles from the contraband. She did hit lime green on the 6th cycle after you started Lev.

:bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

Uh oh....I wish I'd looked at your comment prior to this evening's shot...darn it...I don't mind waiting...but her numbers are sure pooped out...she was supposed to do a little better today...she didn't do better...she did worse...

I'm also not sure she found the biscuit (a real biscuit, not sweet or a cookie) to not be to her liking. There was a lot of it left in the baggie - and her numbers didn't fly way up - I wasn't sure if it was the Lev - keeping her level - or the lack of her liking what she found was in the baggie. Luci prefers candy... but she has been known to rip holes in bread bags - I guess there's no looking back now - unless she does some fancy diving tonight which warrants an immediate retreat on my part back to the .75 - all I can do now is wait and watch.

I was thinking that perhaps that lime green was due to her depot (from the Lantus) and she gave me the rare opportunity to shoot a green number - perhaps I should have given her some medium carb with that shot - it's just so hard to know which direction she's headed - up, down, no where at all...

Let's see what she has in store for us later this evening and tomorrow. Thank you for your comment - wish it had been a bit earlier in the day... :)

Sonia & Leo and LizzieInTexas like this.
  15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

It was probably a good idea. I tend to be too conservative. It does look like she is leveling out a bit.

No diving Luci :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.