7/19 Chloe +12 108 + 12.5 PMPS 160 +2 24 +3.5 100 +4 79 vomitting + 4.5 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jul 19, 2019.

1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday Condo

Good morning. Hope everyone and their furbabies stay safe in the heat.
    So Chloe heard me yesterday about her not getting any greens and contemplating a dose increase so she gave me two. Took me a little by surprise so late in the cycle. Lets see how today goes.

Did some food research. Picked up some raw to try wich I will do on the weekend and found a brand I never saw called Identity. The carbs and phosphorous are pretty low. I even sent an email to the company and they replied back pretty quickly. Limited ingredient novel proteins, gluten & grain free, no gums so now I hope she will eat it. If anyone has heard of this brand and have any comments, feel free to let me know.
    Tough balance in dealing with diabetes, CKD & IBD.
    Have a great day.

Zorro's mom likes this.
  2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice Green for Chloe this morning!
    Interesting for the food, looks like quality! Did they tell you how much carb ?

3. Randi & Max (GA)

They said 1.5% but I did the calculations off the can and it seems higher than that but under 10 for sure.
    We are not that far from each other. I am in Montreal. Nice to see another Quebecer here.

4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy to see another one from Quebec! I'm not far from Montreal! :)
    Even converting the GA to DM, I come up with a higher percentage also! I'll email them to see how they do their calculations because Ti-Mousse is very carb sensitive...! I'll see what they say...! It could be a nice change for him; it looks a very good choice!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Chloe's numbers are looking good! You've been at this dose for 5 days. Are you thinking about increasing over the weekend?

6. Randi & Max (GA)

I asked that question yesterday about when to increase and then I hit some greens. My condo does not get too much traffic, even with the question mark and question about dose increase so really didn't get an answer as to when I should, if I should. I was holding the 10 cycles.
    But if she is due for an increase than I wanted to do it on the weekend when I am around to watch her.
    So Sienne you think I should go to .75 tomorrow?

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Well this is the lowest pre-shot. Was planning on going out for a bit after her insulin. Should I stall some? I will be gone for max 2 hours.

8. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Hi Randi,
    I don't stop by all that often anymore, but saw your post on FB. Since I don't get here very often and haven't been following your condo, I hate to take a stab in the dark, but at least I can bump you up. If you can maybe stall and retest so you know you have a rising number?

9. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks, thats why I posted there. Appreciate the help.
    Funny in the am she drops like 100 points after 2 hours yet the nighttime she doesn't. BUt I was supposed to go for dinner and now worried if she drops.
    stalling for now. Wait how long?

10. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

20-30 minutes without feeding to see if she comes up without food

11. Randi & Max (GA)

stalled the half hour, no food. She is at 160. Think I should be okay with .5 and will test when I get back???
    Will feed now as well

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  12. Chris & China (GA)

How long will you be gone?

13. Randi & Max (GA)

maybe 1-1.5 hour. just for dinner

14. Randi & Max (GA)

1-1.5 hours

15. Chris & China (GA)

Perfect!! She really is doing great for so early in her treatment and on such a small dose....let's see how this cycle goes before deciding what to do next

16. Randi & Max (GA)

So go ahead and shoot, test when I get back?

17. Chris & China (GA)

yes!

As long as that number comes up after stalling, it's a really good sign that the last shot is fading fast and it's OK to shoot

18. Randi & Max (GA)

Great, that's what I thought but needed some hand holding on this one. She is eating now.
    Thanks so much Chris.
    Will update after dinner.

19. Chris & China (GA)

On your spreadsheet, since you stalled, you'd put the 108 in the PMPS cell too....what I'd do is put 108@+12, 160@+12.5 (you'll have to color code it yourself)

20. Randi & Max (GA)

Okay what is the drill now. gave her a teaspoon of ff gravy to bring her up, don't want to get her full. test 15 minutes?
    Help is appreciated.

21. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Take a second test to double check the first test wasn't a wonky strip.

Do you have lots of strips, corn syrup, etc.?

22. Chris & China (GA)

After a repeat test, if she's in the 20s or 30's, you need to add a couple of drops of Karo/honey/syrup to some "gravy" and test again in 15-20 minutes

23. Randi & Max (GA)

I took another one after a few licks of the gravy. Went to 38. Have 350 test strips, karo and ff gravy.she licked that up. when do i test again

24. Randi & Max (GA)

add drops of what to the gravy.

25. Chris & China (GA)

Sorry...my brain was typing faster than my fingers....I edited it to add Karo/honey/syrup

Usually it's the other way around.....LOL

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  26. Red & Rover (GA)

karo for us Canucks = corn syrup
    you can also use maple syrup

Hello from Central Ontario.

27. Chris & China (GA)

Karo is corn syrup for us too....it's just a brand name.....Like Pepsi instead of cola

28. Randi & Max (GA)

haha thanks for the conversion in language. I normally call it corn syrup but got a bottle from plasttsburgh called karo. Hi from quebec,
    Going to test again

29. Chris & China (GA)

Looks like she's UP!!....No more but test again in 30 minutes

And Congratulations on the reduction!! Down to .25 tomorrow!!

30. Randi & Max (GA)

got her to 100 with a very little amount of ff gravy. have timer set to test again in 20 minutes.
    does this mean she earn's a reduction tomorrow? I forget the automatic

31. Randi & Max (GA)

You posted as I posted. No more gravy, regular food okay though? I don't think she ate a lot today either.
    And wow I have to dose at .25? so hard to get an air bubble at such a low dose. My eyes are too old for this. Glad I got a magnifier

32. Red & Rover (GA)

No food before the next test. You want to see if she is holding her own or if it is the carbs that are keeping her up temporarily.

Write down what you gave, how much, and when in the Remarks column so you can refer to it in the future.

33. Chris & China (GA)

For now, no more food at all....we want to make sure she stays a little bit hungry in case she drops back down and we need her to eat again

34. Chris & China (GA)

Since you have our attention, you can remove the 911 prefix now.

If you need to put it back up, you can always add it again!

35. Red & Rover (GA)

0.25unit.jpeg
    This is on a syringe with half unit markings, with the top of the plunger sitting even with the top of the 0.5 mark and the bottom of the plunger sitting below the 0.5 mark.

36. Randi & Max (GA)

That's a .25 I used to shoot that low, counted drops actually. Thanks

37. Randi & Max (GA)

Holding steady at 100. no food, repeat again 30 minutes? And for how long should i keep testing through the night?

38. Chris & China (GA)

Retest in 30....if she's still doing good, test again in 1 hour....and then, as long as she doesn't pull anything silly on you, you've gotten her safely through her first visit with the sharks!

39. Randi & Max (GA)

Now I remember saying sleep was overrated when I was doing this with Max. Sadly I am 9 years older and have trouble staying awake. Oh well. Alarm is set for 30 minutes.
    At least she is acting fine and was on my lap purring. I shall report back on numbers. Thanks for helping.

40. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

So much for an increase!

Randi & Max (GA) likes this.
  41. Randi & Max (GA)

Lol I forget they hear us talk about them and then make their own plans. For sure thought were going to .75 tomorrow.
    Guess she is a bit of a drama queen like her brother was a drama king. But still Gabby was the ruler of all.

42. Randi & Max (GA)

Not really holding on her own. Can I let her eat if she wants? Test 1/2 hour or hour?

43. Chris & China (GA)

yes....you can give her some of her low carb food and test again in 30

44. Chris & China (GA)

This is when you pray for an early nadir cat.....but we don't have enough data on her yet to really know when her nadir is (and as soon as we do figure it out, she'll change it!!)

Welcome back to the sugardance!!!:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

45. Randi & Max (GA)

46. Red & Rover (GA)

Sorry. I had to go downstairs to get a glass of ice water - an entire tray of ice. The AC isn't quite up to the task of getting up to the second floor tonight. For the last hour or so, I have been hearing the occasional splash as one set of neighbours or another jumps into the river to cool off. This heat is something else. If I didn't have a broken toe, I'd be in the water myself.

You are doing a fantastic job tonight, Randi.

47. Randi & Max (GA)

Have not seen her throw up in ages. gave her so little gravy yet it all came spewing out of her. She is freaking me out. number is up a bit she has some low carb food before the vomit. going to test in an hour I guess

48. Randi & Max (GA)

Well I hope you take it easy. Its brutal hot here too. You on west or east coast?

49. Red & Rover (GA)

I'm northeast of Toronto in the Kawarthas. Six hour drive to Montreal.
    Without reading back through the entire condo, did you give any syrup? If so, it could be the syrup she is not used to. You also mentioned earlier that you thought she didn't eat much today. You could try offering a tsp of FF to see if she's interested. Is her hydration okay? You could make the FF soupy.

50. Randi & Max (GA)

No I never gave the syrup.
    Probably the gravy I hope. Her stomache is not used to that. Have not had thatbin my house in over 10 years. Scared the heck out of me. She is resting now. No more vomit. Will get another test in. Would like to go to sleep. Up since 530. I’m the heat and work all day.

51. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Exciting night in Montreal! Congrats on the reduction,

Identity is a pet food company started by the people who started Wild Callings. That company had some issues and got bought out. It too was known for low carb novel proteins. This time the food is manufactured in Canada instead of the US. I have offered both pork and lamb flavours and both got snubbed. :rolleyes::cat: One cat’s opinion.

52. Chris & China (GA)

Some cats are sensitive to the gluton's in the gravy.....next time (and there will be a "next time"), try just using a couple of drops of corn syrup in a teaspoon of her regular low carb food instead of the gravy.

53. Randi & Max (GA)

Um glad someone has heard of it. I thought they were in Canada but could not tell and only one store I have seen it at. The pork looked a bit higher in carbs, the lamb was okay today but not consistent. Hopefully she will like it because it looks like it firs all the boxes in dealing with all her issues.
    And I could have lived without the excitement, lol Was dreading it. At least it was on a fridat night so maybe i can catch some naps tomorrow

54. Chris & China (GA)

Looks like she's surfing pretty nicely now....if all she's had is low carb for the last 2 hours, you're probably beyond the hump.

If she's still good at your next test, I think you can probably call it a night.

Hop on your surfboard Chloe!!
    surfing cat cartoon (Mobile).png

55. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The company that sells Identity is American. Don’t know if they still are, but used to be in Colorado. One of the old companies issues was a previous manufacturing plant.

56. Red & Rover (GA)

I've been racking my brain and searching the internet for the last 45 minutes trying to remember that name. Rover liked the duck and the turkey. I had a can or two of the duck that didn't look right. The colour seemed off.

57. Red & Rover (GA)

Anyone mind if I sign off? Way past my bedtime and overdue for my meds.

58. Randi & Max (GA)

Good to know. Thanks Chris. I never used the corn syrup but I bought just in case, Thought it would really spike her too much. I will use that next time rather than the gravy
    Going to try and get some sleep. I settled her into her bed and she seems comfortable now and she did want to eat a little.
    The vomit just was so ciolent and came out of no where. Thought i was going to have to rush to hospital with her.
    Guess I c=got my feet wet pretty quickly this time around.

59. Randi & Max (GA)

Im going to bed now too. Way way past my bed time. I thank you very much for the help and hand holding!!
    Sleep well

60. Red & Rover (GA)

You might want to leave a small snack out for her since she hasn't eaten much. Just enough that it will be gone by +10.
    Aw, thanks. Just paying it forward, is all. I hope you manage a decent nap tomorrow. G'night.

61. Randi & Max (GA)

Do I have a no shoot number tomorrow morning at a .25 dose?

62. Chris & China (GA)

150 as long as you can test and have plenty of supplies

JeffJ likes this.