7/2/18 Olive AMPS 343; +3=284; +7.5=185; PMPS 401; +3=347

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Heat is still hanging around. Last night was worse than during the day if that's possible.

This morning we travel to Wilkes-Barre to find out results of DH tests. So far they are still leaning towards mini stroke. Most tests were normal but one was sent out for further review. Will be gone from +3 to ????

Yesterday Tux was sleeping on the chair, Olive jumped up and started to wash his head and it scared Tux. Olive has been trying to play with Tux and PJ but I guess they gave up trying and now don't know if it's play or if she is being aggressive.

My dad had his dermatology visit and the lump was basal cell sarcoma. So he has to go back to have the rest of it removed. Tomorrow I go to have my crown started. It never stops.

Hope Canada has recovered from their holiday partying.

2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

The heat had been absolutely atrocious here as well, but thankfully we got a little bit of a break yesterday. It was nice to actually feel like the air conditioner was working. How far away are you traveling today? I hope they find some answers for DH!

Poor Olive. Hopefully they all get on the same page soon! So sorry to hear about your dad! Sending vines for a successful surgery (is it just an in-office removal or is it a full-blown surgery?). Also best of luck for your crown. You've got a lot on your plate! I hope Olive surfs safely for you!!

3. Olive & Paula

45 minute drive according to GPS. Never been there, we have no idea where it is. Husband says I don't need to go but he doesn't get these things right when be relays what he is told. My dad will done in office. Waiting to find out when. I'm counting on Olive to surf, she hasn't done much lately so I'm giving her ears a break and lots of ointment. I will test right before we leave.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

The heat here is disgusting as well. Very thankful for air conditioning however Boomer is depressed as he loves sitting by open windows and doors, especially in the evening.
    You have a lot going on Paula. Sending all kinds of vines and these :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Wow, there is so much going on for you right now Paula. Sending vines for all of your appointments. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

It is already way too hot today.

7. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here chuckling, it's the same here. I am going to DH Pulmonary Therapy evaluation on Thursday at the Rehabilitation Center to help fill out the medical history and find out what the classes are going to be like. Then I probably will go to the classes 3x a week to see how he's doing and see how I can support at home. Our summer fun!:p
    Sounds like you are doing the about the same Paula, got lots to take care of. I'm sorry it's so hot for so many. We have been getting cooler than normal. Strange times.

8. Olive & Paula

We are home. Olive behaved herself (knew she would). What a place the Wilkes-Barre 'campus" is. There is West Wing, East Wing, ER, trauma center, heart center, smaller kidney, pulmonary, women's center, imaging buildings. We had to go to the Medical Pavilion building. Parking is spread out with no up close parking. They do have valet service. And a bunch of mini bus shuttles that constantly drive around the lots and bring you to the different locations. It was 98 degrees there (91 at home).

This neurologist MS Neuro said husband has everyone stumped. Brain tumor, MS, infection, exotic diseases, parasites, immunology disorders have all been ruled out by all the imaging and blood tests. There is a small white lesion (normally MS indicator) at the brain stem is probably a mini stroke, there were some very tiny "superficial" ones in normal areas. But because of where it is, they suspect husband would have some serious debilitation yet he does not. His only thing is what started this, blind spot in both eyes and a very small area. They could do a spinal tap but doctor thinks that would come back normal. His LDL is below 50 which Dr said he was envious of. But the total is over 300 and has been for over 30 yrs. The lowering drugs actually made it go higher. He went vegetarian for a year and it went higher. When he had a bout of kidney disease (another puzzle for doctors) he was told to stop taking lipitor because it could compromise the kidneys further during the treatment.

So it's an aspirin a day, follow up mri in 6 months, if blind spots "grow" or notice weaknesses then make appt. Plenty of sleep, so since I said I believe he has sleep apnea husband is willing to be tested. Dr said they have mouth guards now that work vs cpap machine. Primary also told me they use nasal cannula now and you can do the test at home instead of overnight sleep center. So need to find out more on this. But he is now ready to do something.

9. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad you are home and so many extremely serious conditions or causes have been ruled out. I hope your DH will follow through on the sleep apnea study, home or otherwise. I didn't know there was an alternative to the CPAP either. Good deal.

10. Olive & Paula

So PM +3 Olive is walking wobbly. So I grab a test thinking she went hypo. But no. It seems her right back leg is bothering her. She laid down and stretched it out straight. She is limping. Checked nails in case they were grown in or I trimmed one to far the other day. They seem fine. Can't find anything wrong. Gave her a gabapentin and will keep an I on her. Try to keep her from jumping up or down from the chair. It's the only thing she jumps on. I don't need this a week before her dental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.