? 7/2 scratches amps 301, +1 298, +5 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Scratches123, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Scratches123

Scratches123 Member

Good thing I came home on lunch to test her..but I'm fearing maybe the 1.75 is a wee bit too much insulin? I was afraid to shoot the whole dose yesterday morning so I shot 1.25.. and today she's down to 65 at +5. And I need to go back to work. I fed her some flaked fancy feast and I will go get a sandy from the store and test her again before I go back to work. Ill just leave some food out for her. Should I leave a bit of medium carb out as well as the low carb since I won't be home to test her?

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Since you are not going to be home to test, yes.

Also, test just before you leave to go back to work. It will likely be influenced by the medium carb (I'm assuming the flaked ff is medium). This test will give you an idea of what medium carb is doing.

3. Scratches123

Scratches123 Member

The flaked is low carb. She's up to 82 now. I left the few bites of the flaked out for her and two full bowls of pate. I decided not to give the medium carb, I don't think she needs it since the low carb seemed to help a lot.