7/20 Loudogg AMPS 73 +3 86 +4.5 86 +6 92 +8 88 +9.5 96 PMPS 137 - First complete cycle in greens!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

July 19, 2018 Condo

Well needless to say, there is never any end to the excitement when you're a Loudogg. :cool::cat: He broke his bounce last night in pretty epic fashion and made it down to 48 at +9.5, which is kind of odd, but apparently par for the course. He was back up to 73 for his AMPS, and I'm curious to know how he'll do this cycle. Will he bounce or keep cruising? One thing I've noticed so far is he does seem to work that insulin more when he's breaking a bounce, shooting down the BG range more than he might normally.

After the low 38 he had on Wednesday, I have been thinking of being more conservative with decreases. Perhaps I should lower the dose when he goes under 50 instead of 40. The 48 was basically the same number as the 54, so I'm not really sure if that should count. Especially since he was only 3 cycles in to the 3.25u at that point. I still dosed him 3.25u this morning. I hope that doesn't seem too crazy. :confused: I'd appreciate your thoughts though.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and your kitties surf safely!

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It's common for them to have more momentum on a bounce breaking cycle. There may be some depot at play but since it appears he came up easily I would've held the dose today to as long as he can be monitored. I always took reductions under 50 with Doodles but 1) he was at a higher dose (bigger depot) and 2) he was very difficult to bring up and stay up over 50. It took loads of HC & honey. There's no harm in trying the under 50 reduction point. Worse case he doesn't hold the reduction and you go back up.

Amanda and a Loudogg likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hey Amanda, did you feed MC or HC while he was surfing or did he do that on his own (no food)...?

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

That sounds great, thank you Karen! So far he's been pretty good at reacting to MC or HC and/or Karo when low. My husband and I work almost opposite shifts, so it certainly wouldn't hurt to see what he does. Thanks again for making me feel better!

I know Caleb fed him LC only last night. I think he fed him around 0200 and then a small amount of LC at 0400. His normal feed schedule is +3, +6, and +9, but I know Caleb doesn't always follow that to a T during the night. :p

5. Sue and Luci

On LC alone - those are pretty good numbers last night!:woot: I've not had the nerve to let Luci surf without some MC/HC:confused: .... I wish she wasn't such a diver - I keep saying I'm going to try it one day (LC only) when I'm here to monitor closely - but she hasn't given me the chance for any experimentation lately...maybe she heard me???:banghead: Not going anywhere near the lagoon just now...she's being 'difficult'.:facepalm::facepalm:

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Oh my goodness! I just got the latest numbers from Caleb! I hope the 92 isn't a bad sign of things to come, but since it's still green I'll take it!!! :D:D:D

+3 = 86
    +4.5 = 86
    +6 = 92

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Those are some fine looking numbers! So good to see him surfing along so nicely! I'm jealous...:D Luci doesn't care for her new dose at all...she's hiding up on the beach...just about to put on that nasty yellow rag I hate...:arghh::arghh:

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

While I'm only slightly bummed about the blue preshot, I can't truly be bummed overall. Lou had his very first all-green cycle!!!!!!!!! So frickin' exciting!! While I hope a bounce isn't imminent after the blue preshot, I really hope he keeps this going! :D:cool::D:D

Susan&Felix(GA) and Sue and Luci like this.
  9. Sue and Luci

That’s wonderful!!! So happy for you!!!
    Luci’s PMPS was 304

10. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.